Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Obtain Mac Adress in crontab
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Obtain Mac Adress in crontab Post 302202958 by Pedro Almeida on Friday 6th of June 2008 06:56:06 AM
Old 06-06-2008
I have found this:

NOPASSWD and PASSWD
By default, sudo requires that a user authenticate him or herself before running a command. This behavior can be modified via the NOPASSWD tag. Like a Runas_Spec, the NOPASSWD tag sets a default for the commands that follow it in the Cmnd_Spec_List. Conversely, the PASSWD tag can be used to reverse things. For example:

ray rushmore = NOPASSWD: /bin/kill, /bin/ls, /usr/bin/lprmwould allow the user ray to run /bin/kill, /bin/ls, and /usr/bin/lprm as root on the machine rushmore as root without authenticating himself. If we only want ray to be able to run /bin/kill without a password the entry would be:

ray rushmore = NOPASSWD: /bin/kill, PASSWD: /bin/ls, /usr/bin/lprmNote, however, that the PASSWD tag has no effect on users who are in the group specified by the exempt_group option.

By default, if the NOPASSWD tag is applied to any of the entries for a user on the current host, he or she will be able to run sudo -l without a password. Additionally, a user may only run sudo -v without a password if the NOPASSWD tag is present for all a user's entries that pertain to the current host. This behavior may be overridden via the verifypw and listpw options.

My question is: Can I exclude just one command from the need of Password for all users? I'm using something like this
ifconfig en1 | grep ether >> /something/MacAdress.txt

Thanks
PA

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IP-Adress

Hello together how can I find a ipadress from a login into remote system console? Thanks a lot Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. AIX

Capture IP Adress

hello I need for a script to capture the ip address from the connected user. I have 5 logical partitions. With "who", i have the ip adress, but only for 2 servers. Do you know another command to know the ip address of connected clients ? thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the MAC adress in ethernet adapter for SUN

I have installed in the server a quad ethernet adapter, I'm using two interfaces with two different IP networks, both interfaces are connected to a switch, the switch report that is receiving the same MAC address in both ports so must of the times I have connectivity problems. Any idea to change... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mono673
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Change IP Adress

I want change my IP address and hostname in my machine by use the console. Can any one tell me how can I execute that by command ? Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Changing the Ip adress permanently

well i'm trying to change the ip adress on an old alphaserver runing tru64 4.0F using the ifconfig hme0 IP_ADDRESS mask MASK broadcast BROADCAST and when i check it using ifconfig -a it shows the new ip and all is well but when the server is rebooted it reverts back to the old ip (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an IP adress from a file

This is probably a real n00b question but i`m not able to figure it out. I have a folder of configuration files that contain IP-adresses. The line i`m interested in looks like this: IP_ADDRESS="123.123.123.1123" Some have muliple ip adresses, so the line will look like : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaneV
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

adress traffic to tap0

Hello, I have a problem of routing traffic on two virtual interfaces I have created on my machine (CentOs6) By using tunctl I created two virtual interfaces tap1 and tap2 let s imagine I gave them two different address tap1: 10.1.1.1 net 255.255.255.0 tap2: 10.1.2.1 net 255.255.255.0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicandro
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to change IP adress of mailserver in Solaris?

Hi all, Our IT changes mailserver's IP address and I am trying to change it but with no success. I am running Solaris 10. I changed IP address of mail server in /etc/hosts file, performed make sendmail.cf but server still sends mais using old IP. Can anyone let me know which actions... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
12 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (Vixie Cron) SYNOPSIS
cron DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d/ directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 20 December 1993 CRON(8)