Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing filename-substrings and remove unnecessary files Post 302202931 by cypher82 on Friday 6th of June 2008 04:26:59 AM
Old 06-06-2008
Tools

Hello...
So thats my solution so far.
My only problem is that if iam logged in as root, it will delete all the files.
If iam logged in as normal user it works as it should.
This script is part of a cronjob so it must be root who will execute that.
Has anybody a solution for that problem?

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

clear
echo Deleted Files
echo '#############'
echo ' '

###create lists

cd /tmp/javacores
ls -t|grep "^[h-jH-J]" >> /tmp/javacores/listbefore.txt

awk -F. '{ print $1 }' /tmp/javacores/listbefore.txt | sort -u | 
while read corefile
do
     grep "$corefile" /tmp/javacores/listbefore.txt | tail -2  >> /tmp/javacores/listafter.txt
done

###compare lists

comm -13 listafter.txt listbefore.txt >> listcmp.txt

###remove files

for i in `cat listcmp.txt`
do

rm -r /tmp/javacores/$i
echo $i was deleted !
done
echo ' '

rm /tmp/javacores/listbefore.txt
rm /tmp/javacores/listafter.txt
rm /tmp/javacores/listcmp.txt

###write log-file
touch date`date +%F-%H-%M-%S`.log

Btw its not only javacores which should be deleted. "Heapdumps" also.
Thatīs why the
Code:
ls -t|grep "^[h-jH-J]"

. Smilie

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove unnecessary lines

If I have a file with 5000 lines contains numbers. Some of the number are repeated and some are not. Among those repeated number, I only would like to keep only one. How do I remove those balance repeated number. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazri
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: Comparing strings that contain spaces and working with substrings

Forgive me. I am very new to kornshell scripts. The simplest things stop me dead in my tracks. Here are two such examples. I want to save the first 19 characters of the following string to a variable. "Operation Completed and blah blah blah" I know this works (from another thread): ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancylt723
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove unnecessary comma from file

HI all, I have a file with following data - test1 "ABC,D",1234,"XYZ,QWER",1234 "SZXA",9870,"ASD,QWERT",234 "XZ,SD",9478,"ADCS,AXZ",876 "WESR",8764,"AQZXAS",9888 "WESR",9898,"WESDRTSAW",3323 I need to get rid of unnecessary commas in fields having double quotes. Ouput - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names

Greetings! I have multiple files, one per subdirectory, all with the same file name. All subdirectories are one level deep from the main directory. The data in the files is tab delimited between fields and record delimited with a newline. The subdirectory names have the date in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

to clean unnecessary files and folders

I want to clean used solaris OS and then to give another developer. How can I understand that difference between system file/folder and others. I want to delete apart from the files/folders. I need tools or scripts like disk-cleanup or something like that. #usr>du -s -h * 6.6M 4lib ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove parts from a filename

I want to remove the beginning and end of a filename and keep the middle. E.g. tempblast7114_1#21110932.out_ the current filename I want it to be called 7114_1#21 only How would I do this?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avonm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple substrings for a match

I have a tab-delimited file containing a large genetic dataset with binary base calls, in this format: Chr7 26021407 1/1:0,0,0:5 1/1:0,0,0:5 1/1:0,0,0:5 Chr7 26022023 1/1:0,0,0:3 1/1:0,0,0:3 1/1:28,3,0:5 Chr7 26022087 1/1:0,0,0:6 1/1:25,3,0:9 1/1:25,3,0:9 Chr7 26022656 1/1:0,0,0:3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ljk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove sections of a filename?

Hello, I need some help with renaming some files by removing a certain portion of the filename. The current file name is: ABC_2013186197_20130708_203556.95336 I need to remove the 5 digits after the first "_". The new file name should be: ABC_197_20130708_203556.95336 I'm not quite... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies
remove group(1m)														  remove group(1m)

NAME
remove group - Removes all group members and the group from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove group group-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target group. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove group command removes a group from the name service database. The group need not be empty. The entry name of the group is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target group entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the group from the name service entry /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group: $ rpccp rpccp> remove group /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add member(1m), remove member(1m), show group(1m) remove group(1m)