Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending email attachments
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending email attachments Post 302202880 by era on Friday 6th of June 2008 01:42:17 AM
Old 06-06-2008
Your posting shows all the commands as a single line. But those are multiple commands, and should be issued on separate lines. You should hit Return before "uuencode" and before "mail". (Maybe this is just a posting formatting error and not the real problem, though.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending attachments via unix

Hi, I need to send a mail attachment from the UNIX commandline. I'm using Tru64 and the mail client thats supposed receive the attached file (an excel sheet) is Lotus Notes. Can anybody help me out? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachments using email through shell script

Hi all, I have written a shell script which sends emails with attachments to our clients. All our attachments are simple flat files (.txt format). The script is working fine and sending the attachments to the mail-ids except that, when i am sending the attachments to non-outlook users (Like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: symhonian
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending attachments in mail

Hi , i have tried the following command to send an email with an attachment its working fine but i am getting mail with the embeded content inside the mail that too truncated. i wanted it as an attachment. /usr/lib/sendmail -F "MAC SIA" address "rajendra@abc.com.sg" -t <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajendragora
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple attachments

Hi people, I am new to this forums. I have a quick question I hope one of you could help me with. I am writing a script to send attachments via email. However I am having trouble when trying to send multiple attachments. Here is the code I am using: send_mail() { uuencode $TMP $TMP1 > $TMP1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo2k8
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending attachments via unix

OS Linux....Just curious as to why this is not working... uuencode test.txt "test.xls"|mailx -r xxx@server.com -s "validation report" emailrecipient1,emailrecipient2 Please help....Any other options do we need to use?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with a body and attachments using uuencode

Hi, Im having a bit of an issue with using the uuencode command and sending out an email. My aim is to send an email out which has a body and also have attachments. Currently I can either get one or the other and not both on the same email. uuencode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx sending attachments to personal email, but not SharePoint?

Hello! I am writing a KornShell script that (in addition to other things) sends a file from a Unix directory to a SharePoint directory. However when executing the script there is no sign of the file on the SharePoint. I have tested the script using my personal email as the destination and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
3 Replies
NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7) 				 Miscellaneous Information Manual				   NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7)

NAME
notmuch-search-terms - Syntax for notmuch queries SYNOPSIS
notmuch count [options...] <search-term>... notmuch dump [ <filename> ] [--] [ <search-term>...] notmuch search [options...] <search-term>... notmuch show [options...] <search-term>... notmuch tag +<tag>|-<tag> [...] [--] <search-term>... DESCRIPTION
Several notmuch commands accept a common syntax for search terms. The search terms can consist of free-form text (and quoted phrases) which will match all messages that contain all of the given terms/phrases in the body, the subject, or any of the sender or recipient headers. As a special case, a search string consisting of exactly a single asterisk ("*") will match all messages. In addition to free text, the following prefixes can be used to force terms to match against specific portions of an email, (where <brack- ets> indicate user-supplied values): from:<name-or-address> to:<name-or-address> subject:<word-or-quoted-phrase> attachment:<word> tag:<tag> (or is:<tag>) id:<message-id> thread:<thread-id> folder:<directory-path> The from: prefix is used to match the name or address of the sender of an email message. The to: prefix is used to match the names or addresses of any recipient of an email message, (whether To, Cc, or Bcc). Any term prefixed with subject: will match only text from the subject of an email. Searching for a phrase in the subject is supported by including quotation marks around the phrase, immediately following subject:. The attachment: prefix can be used to search for specific filenames (or extensions) of attachments to email messages. For tag: and is: valid tag values include inbox and unread by default for new messages added by notmuch new as well as any other tag values added manually with notmuch tag. For id:, message ID values are the literal contents of the Message-ID: header of email messages, but without the '<', '>' delimiters. The thread: prefix can be used with the thread ID values that are generated internally by notmuch (and do not appear in email messages). These thread ID values can be seen in the first column of output from notmuch search The folder: prefix can be used to search for email message files that are contained within particular directories within the mail store. Only the directory components below the top-level mail database path are available to be searched. In addition to individual terms, multiple terms can be combined with Boolean operators ( and, or, not , etc.). Each term in the query will be implicitly connected by a logical AND if no explicit operator is provided, (except that terms with a common prefix will be implicitly combined with OR until we get Xapian defect #402 fixed). Parentheses can also be used to control the combination of the Boolean operators, but will have to be protected from interpretation by the shell, (such as by putting quotation marks around any parenthesized expression). Finally, results can be restricted to only messages within a particular time range, (based on the Date: header) with a syntax of: <initial-timestamp>..<final-timestamp> Each timestamp is a number representing the number of seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC. This is not the most convenient means of expressing date ranges, but until notmuch is fixed to accept a more convenient form, one can use the date program to construct timestamps. For example, with the bash shell the following syntax would specify a date range to return messages from 2009-10-01 until the current time: $(date +%s -d 2009-10-01)..$(date +%s) SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-reply(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search(1), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-SEARCH-TERMS(7)