Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris problem while untarring a .tarz file Post 302202845 by incredible on Thursday 5th of June 2008 11:10:03 PM
Old 06-06-2008
use tar xfvz to unpack the .tarz files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem writing file path to txt file

if test -z "$1" then echo "you must give a filename or filepath" else path=`dirname $1` f_name =`basename $1` if path="." then path=`pwd` fi fi cat $f_name $path >> index.txt The only problem I am encountering with this is writing $path to index.txt Keeps going gaga: cat:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vintage_hegoog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Syntax on untarring file.

Trying to write a script to do the following. scp to all redhat linux host and install a antivirus tarball. Need to know what additional syntax to use to untar the file and execute the install.sh inside the tarball and then remove the tarball on all remote hosts. Here is what I have so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

untarring to the wrong dir

I am fairly new to scripting. I have a script to untar files as they come in. I keep scripts in one directory: /Scripts I get a tar'ed file in /Processing *CMD* $tar -xfv /Processing/File.tar When i run the script the untared files are placed in /Scripts i did some hunting around and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplebirky
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Size of a tarball without untarring - Catch parent tar ball has sub tars

hi, I am in a weird situation. I have a parent tarball which contains 2 sub tarballs. The structure is such : Parent.tar.gz ---- > child1.tar.gz and child2.tar.gz I need to get the size of the parent tarball without untaring it I know that the command is gunzip -c parent.tar.gz | wc -c ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with untarring multiple files from tarred directories and subdirectories

Hi, I want to untar all log files from following tarred directory hierarchy Log_files.tar.gz/subject*.tar.gz/project*/*.log It means there are subject1.tar.gz to subject9.tar.gz and in those tarred subect directories there are project1 - project5 directories and in those directories there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rv_trojan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in test file operator on a ufsdump archive file mount nfs

Hi, I would like to ask if someone know how to test a files if exist the file is a nfs mount ufsdump archive file.. i used the test operator -f -a h almost all test operator but i failed file1=ufs_root_image.dump || echo "files doesn't exist && exit 1 the false file1 is working but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File with -rw-r--r-- problem

Hi, I have a file on Sunos with permissions: -rw-r--r-- When I 'more' it...I get the message: *** filename: directory *** And it is acutally a directory. How come there is no 'd' shpwing on the file permission settings? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xmllint - Xml-file problem --ods file not opening

Dear All, this is my first post on this Forum, glad to be here. I'm trying to fix an .ods file. Yes, I had a backup, but it's also corrupted. When opening the document I get this EM: read error format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,337040(row,col). So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameslast
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep through a .tar file without untarring it

Hi All, I need to grep through a .tar file without untarring it. Would you please help me with that ? The extension to this request is to use the cut command to extract the data from a particular field. Appreciate your quick look around (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
8 Replies
SHAPE_TAR(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SHAPE_TAR(1)

NAME
shape_tar - shapeTools RMS bundle up subsystem in a tar or shar archive SYNOPSIS
shape tar[VERSIONS=<version_selection_rule>] [ARCHIVE=<filename>] shape shar[VERSIONS=<version_selection_rule>] [ARCHIVE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape tar and shape shar create a tar or a shar archive containing all source components of the current node in the system tree. All source components listed in the COMPONENTS macro in the Makefile and the release identification file (VERSIONFILE) are written to the archive. Components of subsystems are not included in the archive file. The VERSIONS macro may be set to specify a version selection rule to be active during archive file creation. Default is most_recent, selecting the most recent version of each component. See shape_stdrul(7) or the $(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdrules for other possible settings. You may also use self defined version selection rules as VERSIONS. ARCHIVE is the base name of the file where the output shall be written to. Default is $(SUBSYSTEMNAME). The output file gets the filename extension .tar (resp. .shar). When ARCHIVE=- is given, data will be written to standard output. SEE ALSO
shape_RMS(1), shape_stdrul(7) FILES
$(SUBSYSTEMNAME).tar $(SUBSYSTEMNAME).shar 7.8.119 SHAPE_TAR(1)