Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Installing linux with windows vista Post 302202761 by nickdba on Thursday 5th of June 2008 02:32:54 PM
Old 06-05-2008
Installing linux with windows vista

I have a laptop running on vista, I would like to install linux on it, but I dont have the disk space, so can I have external disk to install linux. Whether I will be able to do ?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Installing Linux on an existing Windows PC?

Is it possible without having to reinstall windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Methal
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)