Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302202595 by mickeymouse on Thursday 5th of June 2008 08:35:00 AM
Old 06-05-2008
featured by bbc click

AVG has a free option with additional paid for upgrades.
not sure how good/effective it is, i installed it for a pal as a guinea pig Smilie . here is link to download... AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows XP and Vista

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)