Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML Problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML Problem Post 302202592 by era on Thursday 5th of June 2008 08:24:39 AM
Old 06-05-2008
It's looking for literally the contents of the file, you need to process it to make a decent regular expression out of it.

Better do that in Perl directly, too.

Code:
perl -0777 -pe 'BEGIN {
    open (C, "codes.txt") || die "$!"; $c = <C>; close C; chomp $c; $c =~ y/\n/|/; }
  s%^\s*<content contentid="($c)"[^<>]*>(.*?)</content>\s$*%%msg' file.xml

This isn't particularly elegant; there is some pressure to put this into a file rather than try to pretend it's still a one-liner. You should probably refactor it a bit then.

Last edited by era; 06-05-2008 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Oops, <C> is influenced by -0777 too

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

importing xml: problem

I'm an absolute newbie for unix... For my work, I have to import a xml file in our system (jsp+sql) via putty telnet. Once i have copied the file in the right directory, I launch this command: ./thisImport -i input/thisImport/newimport.20071130.xml -l 10 -t this is a test (as you can see),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tranky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Copy & replace problem

I probably could have done this at one time, but, the years and no need has left my scripting skills lacking and I'm unable to work this problem out. https://www.unix.com/images/smilies/frown.gif :( Using Linux, have a great many xml files in which there may be multiple occurrence of a line of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenixuser
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - problem with CPAN module XML::Simple

Hi All, I am trying to run the following program #!/usr/bin/perl # use module use XML::Simple; use Data::Dumper; # create object $xml = new XML::Simple; # read XML file $data = $xml->XMLin("dump.xml"); # print output print Dumper($dump); At first i had the error mesage saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml extract problem

I have looked at other responses and never was able to modify to work. data is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <note version="0.3" xmlns:link="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size" xmlns="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy"><title>recoll</title><text... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
12 Replies

8. Programming

problem with accessing online XML file

Hi everyone, I am trying to access an online XML file, for example: <a href="http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml" target="_blank">http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml using HTML. <html> <body> <script type="text/javascript"> if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xperia124
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)