Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML Problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML Problem Post 302202586 by Zarnick on Thursday 5th of June 2008 07:55:57 AM
Old 06-05-2008
This I understood, the file.xml is the xml file to remove the content from, but how do I feed the perl program with the codes to remove? I tried creating a big file with all the codes piped (e.g.: 0001|0002|3142|5342|7890....) and then cat it with the perl program you passed:
Code:
perl -0777 -pe 's%^\s*<content contentid="(`cat codes.txt`)"[^<>]*>(.*?)</content>\s$*%%msg' file.xml

But it didn't worked. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

importing xml: problem

I'm an absolute newbie for unix... For my work, I have to import a xml file in our system (jsp+sql) via putty telnet. Once i have copied the file in the right directory, I launch this command: ./thisImport -i input/thisImport/newimport.20071130.xml -l 10 -t this is a test (as you can see),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tranky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Copy & replace problem

I probably could have done this at one time, but, the years and no need has left my scripting skills lacking and I'm unable to work this problem out. https://www.unix.com/images/smilies/frown.gif :( Using Linux, have a great many xml files in which there may be multiple occurrence of a line of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenixuser
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - problem with CPAN module XML::Simple

Hi All, I am trying to run the following program #!/usr/bin/perl # use module use XML::Simple; use Data::Dumper; # create object $xml = new XML::Simple; # read XML file $data = $xml->XMLin("dump.xml"); # print output print Dumper($dump); At first i had the error mesage saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml extract problem

I have looked at other responses and never was able to modify to work. data is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <note version="0.3" xmlns:link="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size" xmlns="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy"><title>recoll</title><text... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
12 Replies

8. Programming

problem with accessing online XML file

Hi everyone, I am trying to access an online XML file, for example: <a href="http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml" target="_blank">http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml using HTML. <html> <body> <script type="text/javascript"> if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xperia124
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
STAG-SPLITTER(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 STAG-SPLITTER(1p)

NAME
stag-splitter - splits a stag file into multiple files SYNOPSIS
stag-splitter -split person -name social_security_no file.xml DESCRIPTION
Splits a file using a user specified parser (default xml) around a specified split node, naming each file according to the name argument the files will be named anonymously, unless the '-name' switch is specified; this will use the value of the specified element as the filename eg; if we have <top> <a> <b>foo</b> <c>yah</c> <d> <e>xxx</e> </d> </a> <a> <b>bar</b> <d> <e>wibble</e> </d> </a> </top> if we run stag-splitter -split a -name b it will generate two files, "foo.xml" and "bar.xml" input format can be 'xml', 'sxpr' or 'itext' - if this is left blank the format will be guessed from the file suffix the output format defaults to the same as the input format, but another can be chosen. files go in the current directory, but this can be overridden with the '-dir' switch USAGE
stag-splitter [-split <ELEMENT-NAME>] [-name <ELEMENT-NAME>] [-dir <DIR>] [-format <INPUT-FORMAT>] [-outformat <OUTPUT-FORMAT>] <FILENAMES> -p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module xml assumed as default -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module -split|s NODE node to split on -name|n NODE field/element to use when naming files will use surrogate IDs if this argument not specified -dir|d DIR write files to this directory perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-SPLITTER(1p)