Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Killing all active shells without rebooting Post 302202528 by Kesava81 on Thursday 5th of June 2008 04:35:42 AM
Old 06-05-2008
Quote:
PS: may i ask which purpose the poll serves?

i have no idea. it asked me if I wanted a poll and I went ahead with it.

I will try your code and update this thread if it works the way I want it to.

Regards,
Deekshit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

soft rebooting

When I do a hard reboot, the system recognizes both the ttya and the ttyb, but when I do a hard reboot, it only doesn't recognize the ttyb. Is there a way I can fix this??? Thanks!:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattie_h
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing parent shells from subshells (KSH)

Hi all, I have a shell script which calls other shell scripts, depending on the input. Within a.sh, I have a command which calls b.sh (ie. ksh b.sh) Normally, we use the exit function to terminate a shell. However, if I choose to call exit from b.sh, I will return to the parent shell who... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

4. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

5. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

8. AIX

rebooting HMC

Hi, I would like to know wheather rebooting HMC will impact on Management Systems or Lpar inside it is showing? or I have to shutdown LPAR then only reboot HMC. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Rebooting a career

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this. I used to have a job supporting several custom applications that ran on Unix platforms. I used shell scripting, sed, awk, and SQL, but all on a pretty basic level. I also performed non-technical tasks like helping with project management,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intranslation
4 Replies
textutil::trim(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				 textutil::trim(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::trim - Procedures to trim strings SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::trim ?0.7? ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::trim provides commands that trim strings using arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::trim::trim string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading and trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This is done for all lines in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimleft string ?regexp? Remove in string any leading substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimright string ?regexp? Remove in string any trailing substring according to the regular expression regexp and return the result as a new string. This apply on any line in the string, that is any substring between 2 newline chars, or between the beginning of the string and a newline, or between a newline and the end of the string, or, if the string contain no newline, between the beginning and the end of the string. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[ \t]+". ::textutil::trim::trimPrefix string prefix Removes the prefix from the beginning of string and returns the result. The string is left unchanged if it doesn't have prefix at its beginning. ::textutil::trim::trimEmptyHeading string Looks for empty lines (including lines consisting of only whitespace) at the beginning of the string and removes it. The modified string is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
prefix, regular expression, string, trimming CATEGORY
Text processing textutil 0.7 textutil::trim(n)