Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Squid+DNS
Operating Systems Linux Squid+DNS Post 302202514 by andryk on Thursday 5th of June 2008 03:44:41 AM
Old 06-05-2008
Glad to hear that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Squid dns

Hi Guys I have a squid proxy server. I have some settings in the no proxy for exclusions on 700 client machines using firefox. I need to add to this exclusion but instead of changing 700 machines settings, is there anyway you can allow the squid server to handle this. I have gone into the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beardiebeardie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Squid Error

Hi all , i m getting below error in access.log while running skype application on linux. Proxy packages : Squid redirected through SquidGuard with LDAP auth. system : Ubuntu 6.06 Firewall : pf 227032649.603 0 system_IP_add TCP_DENIED/407 1802 GET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Need help for Configuring Squid-2.6

Hi, Previously I was using squid-2.5 accelerated but due to link breaking issue, I have upgraded it to 2.6 but i am unable to configure it with accelerated support. Kindly help me to make it accelerated proxy server. My 2.6 squid.conf : ##################################################... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
0 Replies

5. Linux

caching in squid

hi, i installed fedora core 12, and i installed squid v 3, i need to know how can i cache everything. anyone can help me please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zazoo
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies