Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: meaning of .& in shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers meaning of .& in shell Post 302202467 by scorpio on Thursday 5th of June 2008 12:25:07 AM
Old 06-05-2008
meaning of .& in shell

Hi ,

can anyone explain me the meaning of following line

". &13FNAME/version_encours/cfg/dfm.cfg"

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "> /dev/null 2>&1"

Hi, I am new into UNIX shell scripting and I am wondering what is the meaning of the below text which appears at the end of each line in the ".sh" file: > /dev/null 2>&1 For example, the line below: sh $HOME/stats/Rep777/Act_777.sh omc omc > /dev/null 2>&1 I know for sure what "sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: salanalani
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of & in sh shell

All, I have a line in my code like below , could any one please tell me what this actually mean what is the & doding there. I am in sh shell #!/bin/sh .............. mv &fname &III.tar.gz Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of >&2

What does >&2 at the end of the statement echo "Alright man..." >&2 mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of &1

All, In the below mentioned line --- $SCRIPT_FILES/wrapper_sleep.ksh > $MVXREFLOG 2>&1 what is the meaning of &1 here. Regards Oracle User (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

5. Linux

Shell ${1:-/etc/hosts} meaning

Hello. In some script, I saw: filename=${1:-/etc/hosts} if && ; then md5sum $filename else echo “$filename can not be processed” fi # Show the file if possible ls -ld $filename 2>/dev/null What does the first line means? In $filename I still got /etc/hosts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lozicd3
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Implement the '&&' function in a shell

Hello, I'm currently implementing the && function in a shell using C. For example, if we input cmd1 && cmd2, then cmd2 executes only when cmd1 exits successfully. I'm thinking about: int main() { int i; char **args; while(1) { printf("yongfeng's shell:~$ "); args =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yongfeng
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

&& meaning in UNIX

Hi Team, I know that "&" holds the result of current pattern match. But what does "&&" means and its use please? Thanks & Regards, Batta Archana (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Archana Batta
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of ## in UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I am new to unix shell scripting and I was documenting one of the unix script and encountered below statements - for ii in `ls -1rt /oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/*.small.txt | tail -1 | awk '{print $1}'` do smallssim=${ii##/oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklajayb4
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of =~ in shell script

Please let me understand the meaning of following line in unix bash scripting .is =~ means not equal to or equal to . if ]; then echo -e "pmcmd startworkflow -sv ${INTSERV} -d ${INFA_DEFAULT_DOMAIN} -uv INFA_DEFAULT_DOMAIN_USER" \ "-pv INFA_DEFAULT_DOMAIN_PASSWORD -usdv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry00514
2 Replies
LIBNETCFG(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      LIBNETCFG(1)

NAME
libnetcfg - configure libnet DESCRIPTION
The libnetcfg utility can be used to configure the libnet. Starting from perl 5.8 libnet is part of the standard Perl distribution, but the libnetcfg can be used for any libnet installation. USAGE
Without arguments libnetcfg displays the current configuration. $ libnetcfg # old config ./libnet.cfg daytime_hosts ntp1.none.such ftp_int_passive 0 ftp_testhost ftp.funet.fi inet_domain none.such nntp_hosts nntp.none.such ph_hosts pop3_hosts pop.none.such smtp_hosts smtp.none.such snpp_hosts test_exist 1 test_hosts 1 time_hosts ntp.none.such # libnetcfg -h for help $ It tells where the old configuration file was found (if found). The "-h" option will show a usage message. To change the configuration you will need to use either the "-c" or the "-d" options. The default name of the old configuration file is by default "libnet.cfg", unless otherwise specified using the -i option, "-i oldfile", and it is searched first from the current directory, and the from your module path. The default name of new configuration file is "libnet.cfg", and by default it is written to the current directory, unless otherwise speci- fied using the -o option, "-o newfile". SEE ALSO
Net::Config, Net::libnetFAQ AUTHORS
Graham Barr, the original Configure script of libnet. Jarkko Hietaniemi, conversion into libnet cfg for inclusion into Perl 5.8. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 LIBNETCFG(1)