Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Last word substitution
Operating Systems Linux Last word substitution Post 302202400 by reborg on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 06:48:33 PM
Old 06-04-2008
Code:
sed -i '$s/,/)/' zip.20080604.sql

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

word substitution in csh

I have data that looks something like this: term1/term2/2005-12-01 13:20:30/term4 I need to make it look like this: term1/term2/20051201132030/term4 I am using a csh script. I have tried to do it by first converting the date/time to the format in which I want it, and then replacing it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oprestol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed substitution using a $variable for a line containing a word

$ cat ggg /E*Fare/testteam/public/pf3/nggfstatic/4k-pf3_3.case REGION1: /E*Fare/dist/src/nggfstaticbase/EFare/Server CODEBASE1: /dev_tools/LINUXMTP-4/EFS070718E/EFare/Server DATABASE1: nggfstatic SCRIPT: /efare1/admin/ezlcn/scripts/pf3_3_scriptlist.input PROLOGINITSIZE not yet set You... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangal-Arun
4 Replies

4. Linux

word substitution in unix

Hi I am trying to substitute 2 words on the same line with _S02 as suffix. Like this . IN "TSOPS09" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09" ; to IN "TSOPS09_S02" INDEX IN "TSOPIX09_S02" ; i used the following code to make the change , it works fine for first substitution not the second one . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
6 Replies

5. Linux

Multiple files and word substitution

Hi , I have bunch of sql file which contain UHCDEV01 in them . I want to replace all the UHCDEV01 with UHCETL01 in all the files. I have written this code which shows correct output on sh -x but doesn't change the output file . #cat change_dbname.shl #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whole word substitution in SED

I am trying to substitute something with sed and what I want is to substitute a whole word and not part of a word. ie sed 's/class/room/g' filename will substitute both class and classes into room and roomes which is not what i want Grep for instance can use the -w option or <> grep -w... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikay01
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with word substitution

Hi all, I am trying to write a script substituting one word in a particular file with another word (sed) but I'm having trouble creating the backup file. The following are my instructions: The Unix program sed is useful for making simple substitutions throughout an entire file. But one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoppy56
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word-counting and substitution with awk

Hi!! I am trying to write a program which allows me to count how many times I used the same word in a text: {$0 = tolower ($0) gsub (/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word in freq) printf "%s\t%d\n", word, freq It seems work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ettore8888
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
FC-PATTERN(1)															     FC-PATTERN(1)

NAME
fc-pattern - parse and show pattern SYNOPSIS
fc-pattern [ -cdVh ] [ --config ] [ --default ] [ [ -f format ] [ --format format ] ] [ --version ] [ --help ] [ pattern [ element... ] ] DESCRIPTION
fc-pattern parses pattern (empty pattern by default) and shows the parsed result. If --config is given, config substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If --default is given, default substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If any elements are specified, only those are printed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -c Perform config substitution on pattern. -d Perform default substitution on pattern. -f Format output according to the format specifier format. -V Show version of the program and exit. -h Show summary of options. pattern Parses and displays pattern (uses empty pattern by default). element If set, the element property is displayed for parsed pattern. SEE ALSO
FcNameParse(3) FcConfigSubstitute(3) FcDefaultSubstitute(3) FcPatternPrint(3) FcPatternFormat(3) fc-cat(1) fc-cache(1) fc-list(1) fc- match(1) fc-query(1) fc-scan(1) The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was updated by Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>. Apr 20, 2010 FC-PATTERN(1)