Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to delete a word from a file? Post 302202376 by radoulov on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 04:03:42 PM
Old 06-04-2008
With perl:

Code:
perl -i.bck -ple's/(?:(?:Entity|If)Name|OverallStatus)://g' input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a word

i have created the following input script CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_GN AS sp_strip_mean_value_type.get_val(MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME) MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_val sp_strip_mean_value_type.get_val(MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME) MMSSENDAVGUPLOADTIME_counter select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseptember
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete repeated word in text file

Hi expert, I am using C shell. And i trying to delete repeated word. Example file.txt: BLUE YELLOW RED VIOLET RED RED BLUE WHITE YELLOW BLACK and i wan store the output into a new file: BLUE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a word in a file and delete the file

Hi, I need to find a word in a file, and I need to delete the file where the word resides on the file. I did try with the grep -H "word" using the find command, but no luck. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete character from a word

Friends, I'm looking for a command that delete the first tho caractere in a word. Here is an exp : I want to replace "20091001" by "091001" or "replace" by "place" Thx, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpromo
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete everything after/before a word in a file

I'm looking for a command that will read a file listing information and delete everything after a certain word is found. I also may need to search the file and delete everything before a certain word. The file would contains fields of information like below repeating for the entire file; Name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the last word in a file?

Hi All, I have a file with the data as below. In this i want to delete the last word. Could you pls help me. $INSTALL_HOME/lib/fm_voucher_pol.so $INSTALL_HOME/source/sys/fm_apn_pol/fm_apn_pol_device_set_state.c In the above two lines i want to delete fm_voucher_pol.so and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete a word based on position in a file

Hi, I am new to unix. I want to delete 2 words placed at position say for example at 23rd and 45th position in a line. I used sed but couldnt achieve this. Example: the file contains 2 lines 12345 98765 "12345" 876 12345 98765 "64578" 876 I want to delete " placed at position 13 and 19... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbks2u
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Word between two Char.

HI Guys, I have Input:- A nput A.txt 000100/port_xcu_dev_6/port_0_dev_7 000100/port_xcu_dev_6/port_1_dev_10 000100/port_xcu_dev_2/port_2_dev_8 000100/port_xcu_dev_3/port_3_dev_11 000100/port_xcuv_9/port_4_dev_9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete word from the file

My file has contents like below. It is named as output_file.txt /usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-08-27_tmptcmsaslva2_19142.log /usr/sas/sas_config/Lev1/SASApp/StoredProcessServer/Logs/SASApp_STPServer_2015-08-27_tmptcmsaslva2_19142.log... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
12 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
itcl::delete option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: itcl::delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)