Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network driver cpu usage
Operating Systems Solaris network driver cpu usage Post 302202314 by Jaap on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 02:01:51 PM
Old 06-04-2008
Hi Naanu,

We're running into the same problem, and I was wondering if you had been able to resolve it. We're looking at 200Mbps RTP traffix, with some Sigtran signaling interspersed. Because the RTP packets are all 214 bytes long, we're getting about 100K packets/second in. This saturates the virtual CPU and we're dropping packets.

The thread didn't show a resolution, but I'd be very interested to know if you were able to work around it.

Thanks very much!

Jaap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Programming

Network device driver

HI, I am writing a network device driver for RTL8139c card on 2.6.18 kernel ... I am facing few queries listed below 1. Can i able to at all write a driver for RTL8139C or Realtek had designed new chip for 2.6 series kernel? 2. If no then which driver file 2.6.18 uses .. Is it 8139too.c or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niketan
1 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. Programming

The simplest network driver

Hi, I am trying to write the simplest network driver that would send whatever through cable. My configuration is: Linux machine with some Intel network adapter Another machine with WireShark I connected Intel network adapter to second machine and want anything to pop up at wireshark. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
12 Replies

10. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies
PBFIFO(8)							       Linux								 PBFIFO(8)

NAME
pfifo - Packet limited First In, First Out queue bfifo - Byte limited First In, First Out queue SYNOPSIS
tc qdisc ... add pfifo [ limit packets ] tc qdisc ... add bfifo [ limit bytes ] DESCRIPTION
The pfifo and bfifo qdiscs are unadorned First In, First Out queues. They are the simplest queues possible and therefore have no overhead. pfifo constrains the queue size as measured in packets. bfifo does so as measured in bytes. Like all non-default qdiscs, they maintain statistics. This might be a reason to prefer pfifo or bfifo over the default. ALGORITHM
A list of packets is maintained, when a packet is enqueued it gets inserted at the tail of a list. When a packet needs to be sent out to the network, it is taken from the head of the list. If the list is too long, no further packets are allowed on. This is called 'tail drop'. PARAMETERS
limit Maximum queue size. Specified in bytes for bfifo, in packets for pfifo. For pfifo, defaults to the interface txqueuelen, as speci- fied with ifconfig(8) or ip(8). For bfifo, it defaults to the txqueuelen multiplied by the interface MTU. OUTPUT
The output of tc -s qdisc ls contains the limit, either in packets or in bytes, and the number of bytes and packets actually sent. An unsent and dropped packet only appears between braces and is not counted as 'Sent'. In this example, the queue length is 100 packets, 45894 bytes were sent over 681 packets. No packets were dropped, and as the pfifo queue does not slow down packets, there were also no overlimits: # tc -s qdisc ls dev eth0 qdisc pfifo 8001: dev eth0 limit 100p Sent 45894 bytes 681 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0) If a backlog occurs, this is displayed as well. SEE ALSO
tc(8) AUTHORS
Alexey N. Kuznetsov, <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru> This manpage maintained by bert hubert <ahu@ds9a.nl> iproute2 10 January 2002 PBFIFO(8)