Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XML Problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML Problem Post 302202206 by Zarnick on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 10:37:52 AM
Old 06-04-2008
Hum...that seems good, but where do I put the input code to remove from the XML? (I'm really no expert at regular expressions...yet)
Also, please remember that this codes are fed up by a file, and honestly, I know absolutely nothing about PERL...or at least not enough to read a file and feed every line (removing the \n) to a specific regexp.

thanks a lot

Last edited by Zarnick; 06-04-2008 at 01:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

importing xml: problem

I'm an absolute newbie for unix... For my work, I have to import a xml file in our system (jsp+sql) via putty telnet. Once i have copied the file in the right directory, I launch this command: ./thisImport -i input/thisImport/newimport.20071130.xml -l 10 -t this is a test (as you can see),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tranky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Copy & replace problem

I probably could have done this at one time, but, the years and no need has left my scripting skills lacking and I'm unable to work this problem out. https://www.unix.com/images/smilies/frown.gif :( Using Linux, have a great many xml files in which there may be multiple occurrence of a line of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenixuser
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - problem with CPAN module XML::Simple

Hi All, I am trying to run the following program #!/usr/bin/perl # use module use XML::Simple; use Data::Dumper; # create object $xml = new XML::Simple; # read XML file $data = $xml->XMLin("dump.xml"); # print output print Dumper($dump); At first i had the error mesage saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in XML::parser module in PERL

HI, I have XML file which is having values as Spanish character (UTF-8 encoding). I am using XML::parser module but my code is not able to read those characters. I did goggling but not able to find suitable solution. Anybody please help me out. XML file having characters like: ñ I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin vi XML file encoding problem

Hi, I have got a zip (binary) file transferred from MacOS (thus it has additional __MACOSX directory packed inside). On extracting this zip, there are few *.xml files available. When I opened this *.xml file in vim editor using Cygwin (on windows) the editor displayed in the bottom. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml extract problem

I have looked at other responses and never was able to modify to work. data is: <?xml version="1.0"?> <note version="0.3" xmlns:link="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size" xmlns="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy"><title>recoll</title><text... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
12 Replies

8. Programming

problem with accessing online XML file

Hi everyone, I am trying to access an online XML file, for example: <a href="http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml" target="_blank">http://www.rgraph.net/sample.xml using HTML. <html> <body> <script type="text/javascript"> if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {// code for IE7+, Firefox,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xperia124
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
GNOME-XML(1)							       1.1.0							      GNOME-XML(1)

NAME
xml-config - script to get information about the installed version of GNOME-XML SYNOPSIS
xml-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xml-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use GNOME-XML. OPTIONS
xml-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GNOME-XML on the standard output. Add the --static option to print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a GNOME-XML program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GNOME-XML program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GNOME-XML program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GNOME-XML was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). Version 3 July 1999 GNOME-XML(1)