Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn: How to zero fill df output so it will sort properly Post 302202205 by shew01 on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 10:34:48 AM
Old 06-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock
..well, obviously you are running at the very least a different version of sort because it works for me; you didn't specify an OS or sort version. In any case, it still stands that a quick look at the man pages of whatever OS and sort version you are using would've given you the answer.
I'm not interested in having a posting war with you. Please just ignore my posts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to output the results of the AT command - properly!

Hi, I am new to UNIX and I am more used to simple commands like those in VMS. One of them is the ability to get the output from a job using the /out=<file> command in VMS. I want to submit a job (a set of unix commands) using the AT command but to get the output in a file like that used in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpanishPassion
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in my shell isn't showing properly.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my shell script? for dt_val in `cut -f 1 -d '|' /prod/ods/satyaki/sqlldr/grp.dat` do echo $dt_val done And, the output is - 23 39 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakide
7 Replies

3. Solaris

not getting the output properly

i am entering the command, not get the total out put see the output what i am getting. SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl ('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') FROM DUAL; DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to output ones (like zero-fill), with progress indicator

Well, I was originally going to post this snippet in the original thread titled "how to output ones endlessly like /dev/zero", but that topic was closed without an efficient answer. It was difficult to find (build) a satisfactory answer to this one, so I thought I'd share it here and as a "fill... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gliktch
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fill data from other file and get some output

Greetings, I have a hard time creating a large number of user profiles in a database. The data file looks like this : 01/01/80 Mitch Conley . . . . And I need to put the output into: Name: Mitch Surname: Conley Birthday: 01/01/80 Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell to cut command output

hello, i use following command: md5sum TEST.xml the output looks like: 900hjidur84hjr938ikv TEST.xml as you can see, the first part is the md5 code, the second part is the file name, but i only want the first part(md5 code), and save it to a file, how to do that? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Capturing output in a korn variable

Hi, I'm new to korn and having trouble capturing the text output from one program in an array that I can then feed into another program. Direct approaches didn't work, so I've tried to break it down thus: The program lonlat2pixline gives the values I need in the second column, so I print that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daurin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is sort not working properly here ?

Platform: RHEL 5.4 In the below text file I have strings like following. $ cat /tmp/mytextfile.txt DISK1 DISK10 DISK101 DISK102 DISK103 DISK104 DISK105 DISK106 DISK107 DISK108 DISK109 DISK110 DISK111 DISK112 DISK113 DISK114 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I sort data in column properly?

Can i use 'column' command to get the required 3rd column output? Input example: 1 2 345678 90 2 2 356 42 3 3 8265 55 Output required: 1 2 345678 90 2 2 356 42 3 3 8265 55 Basically i want the 3rd column to be justified to the right, instead of left.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurul_nadzirah
3 Replies
oggz-sort(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-sort(1)

NAME
oggz-sort -- Sort the pages of an Ogg file in order of presentation time. SYNOPSIS
oggz-sort [-o filename | --output filename ] filename oggz-sort [-h | --help ] [-v | --version ] Description oggz-sort sorts an Ogg file, interleaving pages in order of presentation time. It correctly interprets the granulepos timestamps of Ogg CELT, CMML, Dirac, FLAC, Kate, PCM, Speex, Theora and Vorbis bitstreams. Run oggz-known-codecs(1) for a full list of codecs known by the installed version of oggz. Some encoders produce files with incorrect page ordering; for example, some audio and video pages may occur out of order. Although these files are usually playable, it can be difficult to accurately seek or scrub on them, increasing the likelihood of glitches during playback. Players may also need to use more memory in order to buffer the audio and video data for synchronized playback, which can be a problem when the files are viewed on low-memory devices. Some older Ogg encoders also produce pages which incorrectly have granulepos timestamps recorded that shouldn't be: pages which have no completed packets must have a granulepos of -1. oggz-sort will correct such granulepos during the process of sorting. The tool oggz-validate can be used to check the relative ordering of packets in a file, and also to detect incorrect granulepos on pages with no completed packets. If either of these errors are reported, or use oggz-sort to fix the problem. Options oggz-sort accepts the following options: Miscellaneous options -o filename, --output filename Write output to the specified filename instead of printing it to standard output. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -v, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
Correct the page ordering in broken.ogv: oggz sort -o fixed.ogv broken.ogv AUTHOR
Conrad Parker January 25, 2008; COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Annodex Association SEE ALSO
oggz-validate(1), oggz-merge(1), oggz-dump(1), oggz-diff(1), hogg(1) oggz-sort(1)