Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Korn: How to zero fill df output so it will sort properly Post 302202188 by shew01 on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 09:59:41 AM
Old 06-04-2008
System Shock,

>>A quick look at the man pages would've given you the answer.

I don't think so:

Code:
df -k | grep / | awk '{print $5}' | sort -gr
sort: illegal option -- g
usage: sort [-cmu] [-o output] [-T directory] [-S mem] [-z recsz]
        [-dfiMnr] [-b] [-t char] [-k keydef] [+pos1 [-pos2]] files...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to output the results of the AT command - properly!

Hi, I am new to UNIX and I am more used to simple commands like those in VMS. One of them is the ability to get the output from a job using the /out=<file> command in VMS. I want to submit a job (a set of unix commands) using the AT command but to get the output in a file like that used in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpanishPassion
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in my shell isn't showing properly.

Hi! Can anyone tell me what went wrong in my shell script? for dt_val in `cut -f 1 -d '|' /prod/ods/satyaki/sqlldr/grp.dat` do echo $dt_val done And, the output is - 23 39 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakide
7 Replies

3. Solaris

not getting the output properly

i am entering the command, not get the total out put see the output what i am getting. SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl ('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') FROM DUAL; DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('TABLESPACE','SYSTEM') -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to output ones (like zero-fill), with progress indicator

Well, I was originally going to post this snippet in the original thread titled "how to output ones endlessly like /dev/zero", but that topic was closed without an efficient answer. It was difficult to find (build) a satisfactory answer to this one, so I thought I'd share it here and as a "fill... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gliktch
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write output to a file using Korn shell script

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario in korn shell script. Can anyone please give me some hints to proceed on this. I have a Flat file of the below format. Input file format:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fill data from other file and get some output

Greetings, I have a hard time creating a large number of user profiles in a database. The data file looks like this : 01/01/80 Mitch Conley . . . . And I need to put the output into: Name: Mitch Surname: Conley Birthday: 01/01/80 Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell to cut command output

hello, i use following command: md5sum TEST.xml the output looks like: 900hjidur84hjr938ikv TEST.xml as you can see, the first part is the md5 code, the second part is the file name, but i only want the first part(md5 code), and save it to a file, how to do that? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Capturing output in a korn variable

Hi, I'm new to korn and having trouble capturing the text output from one program in an array that I can then feed into another program. Direct approaches didn't work, so I've tried to break it down thus: The program lonlat2pixline gives the values I need in the second column, so I print that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daurin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is sort not working properly here ?

Platform: RHEL 5.4 In the below text file I have strings like following. $ cat /tmp/mytextfile.txt DISK1 DISK10 DISK101 DISK102 DISK103 DISK104 DISK105 DISK106 DISK107 DISK108 DISK109 DISK110 DISK111 DISK112 DISK113 DISK114 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I sort data in column properly?

Can i use 'column' command to get the required 3rd column output? Input example: 1 2 345678 90 2 2 356 42 3 3 8265 55 Output required: 1 2 345678 90 2 2 356 42 3 3 8265 55 Basically i want the 3rd column to be justified to the right, instead of left.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurul_nadzirah
3 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)