Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers replace the n'th occurance in a file Post 302202187 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 4th of June 2008 09:54:26 AM
Old 06-04-2008
Something like this?

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=";"}{$7="valeur"$6}1' file

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert values in 1st occurance out of two occurance in a file

Hi I have a file which contains the following two lines which are same But I would like to insert the value=8.8.8.8 in the 1st occurance line and value=9.9.9.9 in the 2nd occurance line. <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> <parameter name="TestIp1" value=""> Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace first 5 occurance of a pattern

There is scenario that i have to replace a pattern at the first 5 occurance in a file. say i need to replace 'abc' by 'xyz' at its first 5 occurance in a file a.txt, can anybody help me how it can be done, i can do complete replacement of the pattern using sed throughtout the file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palash2k
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace the last occurance of a match in a file

HI please let me know if there is any command to search and replace only the last occurence of a string in aline. Eg: " This cat is a cat with a tail longer of all cat." I need to replace only the last "cat" in the above line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikris614
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace second occurance

#original file . . ~ ~ Index=2 xxx replace #dont replace 1st occurance yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=2 xxx replace #substitue replace with "REPLACE" yyy Index=3 xxx replace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace only the first occurance

Hi, I need to search a string and replace with nothing, but only the First occurring string using sed/perl/awk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace/delete odd occurance

how to delete/replace the the odd occurance of a pattern say newline character "\n" a,b,c,d e,f g, h, i, j, k, l m,n 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 the output should be a,b,c,de,f g, h, i, j, k, lm,n 1, 2, 3, 4,5, 6 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace every second occurance of a string

I want to replace every 2nd occurance of a string/character from a line. ababacbsbddbsbbcbdbssb i want to replace every s2nd b with @ like below should be like aba@acbs@ddbs@bc@dbss@ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

8. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3rd occurance of SPACE with newline

I have file with SQL output as 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Expected output : 0001 firstname1 lastname1 0002 firstname2 lastname2 0003 firstname3 lastname3 0004 firstname4 lastname4 Let me know if this can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help search and replace the last occurance of match in a file

Hi I want to replace only the last occurance of "union all" in input file with ";" I tried with sed 's/union all/;/g' in my input file, it replaced in all lines of input file Eg: select column1,column2 from test1 group by 2 union all select column1,column2 from test2 group by 2 union all ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antosr7
9 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStructures::ProhibitLabelsWUserpContPerl::Critic::Policy::ControlStructures::ProhibitLabelsWithSpecialBlockNames(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStructures::ProhibitLabelsWithSpecialBlockNames - Don't use labels that are the same as the special block names. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
When using one of the special Perl blocks "BEGIN", "END", "CHECK", "INIT", and "UNITCHECK", it is easy to mistakenly add a colon to the end of the block name. E.g.: # a BEGIN block that gets executed at compile time. BEGIN { <...code...> } # an ordinary labeled block that gets executed at run time. BEGIN: { <...code...> } The labels "BEGIN:", "END:", etc. are probably errors. This policy prohibits the special Perl block names from being used as labels. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. SEE ALSO
The Perl Buzz article on this issue at http://perlbuzz.com/2008/05/colons-invalidate-your-begin-and-end-blocks.html <http://perlbuzz.com/2008/05/colons-invalidate-your-begin-and-end-blocks.html>. ACKNOWLEDGMENT
Randy Lauen for identifying the problem. AUTHOR
Mike O'Regan COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Mike O'Regan. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStructures::ProhibitLabelsWithSpecialBlockNames(3pm)