Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users exec to call specific function in C prog Post 302201974 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 02:55:48 PM
Old 06-03-2008
You've asked a question in such a way that will only get the answer ramen noodle gave.
What particular function are you trying to call?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exec() system call

hi there, i was reading about the exec() function. and if i m not wrong, exec() kills your present process and starts a new process in its place. the process id remains the same. then it says if exec is successful the text data and stack are overlayed by new file! - i dont get this part "only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute own ksh function in find -exec

Hi, I wrote a smiple ksh function send_notification() { ... } and want to execute it on each file, matched by the find command. I tried: find / -name "*.err" -mtime -8 -exec send_notification {} \; but it doesn't work. What should I do? I work in ksh on Hp-Ux. Regards, Pit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a Linux command in C prog.

Dear Friends, I want to know how to call a Linux commands in C programs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
1 Replies

4. Programming

alternatives of exec() system function

Hi , Can anybody name any System Function in C/C++ for Sun-Solaris (unix) platform which can serve the alternative of execl() system function. Actually I am calling a fork-execl() pair and then making an interprocess communication between these two(parent-child process). But the problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
3 Replies

5. Programming

Runtime.getSystem.exec() function waits for child

Runtime.getSystem.exec() waits for child process to complete .. I do not want to wait for the child process to complete ..what is the option which has to be used ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call java prog from shell script

I have a java program to validate a XML file. I want to call this java program in a shell script which will be registered as concurrent program in oracle apps. Can anyone please let me know the step by step appraoch required to call java program in shell script like ....intial steps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kcp_pavan
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run two commands from a exec call in a c program

Hi, I have to run two commands one after another from a c program. How can i do this with exec system calls. i tried giving them as argument to execv but it is not working.please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

10. Programming

[C] exec system call

Hi again ;) Now I want to make a program that will execute the programs with exec, asking the user if he wants the program to run in background or foreground. scanf("%c",&caracter); if (caracter=='y'){ printf("Has decidido ejecutarlo en background\n"); if((pid=fork())==0) {// fork para... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
3 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz.db The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD