Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users exec to call specific function in C prog Post 302201974 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 02:55:48 PM
Old 06-03-2008
You've asked a question in such a way that will only get the answer ramen noodle gave.
What particular function are you trying to call?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exec() system call

hi there, i was reading about the exec() function. and if i m not wrong, exec() kills your present process and starts a new process in its place. the process id remains the same. then it says if exec is successful the text data and stack are overlayed by new file! - i dont get this part "only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute own ksh function in find -exec

Hi, I wrote a smiple ksh function send_notification() { ... } and want to execute it on each file, matched by the find command. I tried: find / -name "*.err" -mtime -8 -exec send_notification {} \; but it doesn't work. What should I do? I work in ksh on Hp-Ux. Regards, Pit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a Linux command in C prog.

Dear Friends, I want to know how to call a Linux commands in C programs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
1 Replies

4. Programming

alternatives of exec() system function

Hi , Can anybody name any System Function in C/C++ for Sun-Solaris (unix) platform which can serve the alternative of execl() system function. Actually I am calling a fork-execl() pair and then making an interprocess communication between these two(parent-child process). But the problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
3 Replies

5. Programming

Runtime.getSystem.exec() function waits for child

Runtime.getSystem.exec() waits for child process to complete .. I do not want to wait for the child process to complete ..what is the option which has to be used ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call java prog from shell script

I have a java program to validate a XML file. I want to call this java program in a shell script which will be registered as concurrent program in oracle apps. Can anyone please let me know the step by step appraoch required to call java program in shell script like ....intial steps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kcp_pavan
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run two commands from a exec call in a c program

Hi, I have to run two commands one after another from a c program. How can i do this with exec system calls. i tried giving them as argument to execv but it is not working.please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

10. Programming

[C] exec system call

Hi again ;) Now I want to make a program that will execute the programs with exec, asking the user if he wants the program to run in background or foreground. scanf("%c",&caracter); if (caracter=='y'){ printf("Has decidido ejecutarlo en background\n"); if((pid=fork())==0) {// fork para... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
3 Replies
PURITY(6)							   Games Manual 							 PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)