Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX binutils... missing ld when building Post 302201866 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 10:32:54 AM
Old 06-03-2008
Are you using the depot files from the HPUX Porting Centre? It doesn't sound like it.
The default ld for HPUX will not link against the GNU run-time.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

building a server

hi, i am a pretty good linux user..but i have no idea on building a server witha domain and everthing. please help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamza11050
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building a new PC

Hi, im building a new PC for my FreeBSD - sorry it's not really UNIX related but I dont really visit any other online forums, and lost ideas of people to ask, Basically would it work if bought this motherboard -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErNci
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building Pipelines?

How would I combine commands in a pipeline to produce an alphabetized list of who's online at a particular moment? Then: How would I take that pipeline and turn it into a command called "whoison"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greeky
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with building firewall

Hi, I've installed firewall builder into my operating system (PCLinuxOS) from the repository. Now I need to configure and make run firewall builder in the main server (production server) of my company. The technique that I want to use is pushing the script from my laptop (where I've got the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

5. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building intervals

Hi all, I hope you can help me with the following question: I have multiple tables like this: Chr Start End Zygosity Gene chr1 153233510 153233510 het LOR chr1 153233615 153233615 hom LOR chr1 153233701 153233701 hom LOR chr1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Building a Compiler

In an earlier thread, I mentioned that I needed something like Netcat or Socat to create a serial > IP connection. I realized after some thought that I had downloaded the netcat tarball, unpacked it and ended up with the uncompiled program. I attempted to put it together with cc and discovered that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopfgeldjagar1
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux From Scratch Permission Error when installing Binutils-2.27 Package

Hello, I recently decided to create a Linux Operating System from Scratch using the Linux from Scratch Guide. Everything was going great until it was time to finish installing the package Binutils-2.27. Once I entered "make install" into the terminal, I get this error: make: Entering directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxPie42
4 Replies
cleanup(1M)															       cleanup(1M)

NAME
cleanup - HP-UX patch cleanup utility SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command provides functions useful when dealing with HP-UX patches on HP-UX. The command logs all information to Options recognizes the following options: Preview the task but do not actually perform the requested action. Notify the user of tasks and request confirmation before performing the requested action. Commit patches superseded at least number times. This option is a front-end to the option of (see swmodify(1M)) that provides an easier interface to commit multiple patches at once. Remove patches in the specified software depot that have been superseded by patches also available from the depot. Specifies whether the software depot contains patches for HP-UX 10.X or 11.X releases. This option is only valid with the option. If the option is not specified, it defaults to HP-UX 11.X patches. Specifies whether patches in the software depot that contain a corequisite or prerequisite attribute specifying one of the superseded patches as a dependency should also be removed. This option is valid only with the option. If the option is not specified, it defaults to true. Remove HP-UX 10.X patches that remain in the Installed Product Database after an upgrade to HP-UX 11.X. These patches are removed from the IPD so that they are no longer displayed in the output of the command (see swlist(1M)). The HP-UX 10.X patch files are also removed from Correct the attribute for HP-UX 11.X patches. Recommendations The command should be executed after updating to HP-UX 11.X from HP-UX 10.20. It is not necessary to execute after updating from one ver- sion of HP-UX 11.X software to another because SD-UX will properly remove 11.X patch information from the IPD in these situations. The command should be executed whenever patches are added to a software depot. It is not a requirement that superseded 11.X patches be removed from a software depot, but it is a recommendation to conserve disk space and to avoid confusion. If superseded patches exist in the same depot as patches that supersede them, SD-UX on HP-UX 11.X will handle the situation properly. The command can be executed to commit all patches that have been superseded at least the specified number of times. The only benefit from committing patches is that disk space will be recovered in the The command can be executed to insure that the attribute of all patch filesets is set correctly. There are several known situations where the attribute will be set incorrectly. This command can be run at any time, but will be most useful after a system has been installed using Ignite-UX. AVAILABILITY
This command is standard on HP-UX 11i v3. On 11i v2 it is available in patch PHCO_32220 or a superseding patch. On 11i v1 it is available in patch PHCO_27780 or a superseding patch. WARNINGS
Extreme care should be used when committing patches. Once a patch has been committed, it cannot be removed from the system. Patches should only be committed when you are satisfied with their behavior. Recovering disk space should not be the only factor considered when committing patches. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
show_patches(1), sysdiff(1), check_patches(1M), swlist(1M), swmodify(1M), swremove(1M), sd(4). cleanup(1M)