Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl script to add a line into a file Post 302201698 by era on Tuesday 3rd of June 2008 01:11:28 AM
Old 06-03-2008
Or in Perl

Code:
open (F, ">>file") || die "Could not open file: $!\n";
print F "another line\n";
close F;

This is more a function of the "append mode" of the operating system's open function than of Perl, but perhaps this is what you were looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add to first line of file using perl

Hey guys, I have a text file full of data and all I want to do with the thing is add the file extension name to the first line of the file. Here is what I have so far. I can't remember how to append to the first line of the file without deleting the exsisting data. #!/usr/local/bin/perl ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to add first line from another file in aix

Hi All, I want to add a header from one file to another file which is around 2GB in size currently i am using cat to do it. It took more time to process. Is there any way to do it? Please help me .. Thanks in Advance Selva S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarhce
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading each line of a file in perl script

HI I need to read each line (test.txt) and store it in a array (@test) How to do it in perl. Suppose i have a file test.txt. I have to read each line of the test.txt file and store it in a array @test. How to do it in perl. Regards Harikrishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk script to add a prefix to each line in file

Hello , I have file with below content : '165567885', '165568443', '165568805', I need an awk script that would add a prefix zero after first ' . Like '0165567885', '0165568443', '0165568805', Please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace line via perl script of file

Hi All, I wanted to do following. 1) If file exit then open file for reading and check if my string is there then i wanted to replace the entire line with that string + something else then close the file. 2) If file does not exit then i need to open the file and write to it. I am done with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tarun24
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in a file using perl script?

Hi all, I want to search for a line in a file using perl script and add a line above that line.Can any one suggest me command or code to that using script. Thanks BHarath (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathece
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing single line in html file in perl script

Hi Folks, It is regarding the perl scripting. I have an html file(many files) which contains the below line in the body tag. <body> <P><STRONG><FONT face="comic sans ms,cursive,sans-serif"><EM>Hello</EM></FONT></STRONG></P> </body> Now I want to read that html file through perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line in every file with perl commandline?

Hi, i want to add a line at the beginning of every file in a directory. perl -i.bkp -p -e 'print "#include /verif/pdd1/exu/sxs/6sTest/reset/dfu/top_level.reset\n" if $. == 1' *.reset But this command is updating only the first file in the directory. I think this is because $. is not resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
3 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)