Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers access collision with shared file system Post 302201680 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 2nd of June 2008 11:46:09 PM
Old 06-03-2008
Nah, you'll be ok. Just make sure you are maintaining locks if you want to read and write the file without unexpected results.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot access NFS file system

I create a NFS file system. I can read this system from client, however, I cannot write anything in this folder. Why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to access shared object using shell

Hi, I have created a shared object (abc.so) which has a function sum(int a, int b). Is there any way to load the "abc.so" and use the sum function using shell script.. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What programs access shared library file

I was curious how to tell which programs are accessing a file (libobjc.A.dylib) in /usr/lib This file seems to be the culprit in a bunch of Safari crashes, and I just wanted to know if and what other programs use it. Also, I was curious what a good way to find out what files are being written... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

5. AIX

changing values for nfs shared file system on aix

Hi, I want to change the values for shared file system in aix for that I have run the command smitty chnfsexp but I am not getting the all the values which I have seen while adding the file system while exporting example smitty chnfsexp but after selecting shared file system using F4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. Linux

file system access problem

I have 3 windows partitions (c,d,e) all of NTFS file system i mounted them while installing open suse in /win/c,/win/d,/win/e created a user other than "root" eg: "us1" problem 1: by loggimg into linux by user "us1" iam unable to see files in mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to lock file system access

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared File System Project Feasibility

I would be taking my masters degree project next year. So I am now in the process of thinking something that could help me get more in depth knowledge and will be a useful one in practice. I have thought about creating shared file system for clustered environments (like GPFS,GFS). I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies
pthread_rwlockattr_init(3T)											       pthread_rwlockattr_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_rwlockattr_init(), pthread_rwlockattr_destroy() - initialize or destroy a read-write lock attributes object SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the read-write lock attributes object to be initialized or destroyed. DESCRIPTION
initializes the read-write lock attributes object attr with the default value for all attributes. The attributes object describes a read- write lock in detail and is passed to the read-write lock initialization function. When a read-write lock attributes object is used to initialize a read-write lock, the values of the individual attributes determine the characteristics of the new read-write lock. Attributes objects act like additional parameters to object initialization. After a read-write lock attributes object has been used to initialize one or more read-write lock, any function affecting the attributes object does not affect the previously initialized read-write locks. The read-write lock attributes and their default values are: The default value is If an initialized read-write lock attributes object is reinitialized, undefined behavior results. destroys the read-write lock attributes object attr. The destroyed read-write lock attributes object ceases to exist and its resources are reclaimed. Referencing the object after it has been destroyed results in undefined behavior. A destroyed read-write lock attributes object can be reinitialized using the function Read-write locks which have been already initialized using this attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the read-write lock attributes object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the and functions return the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize attr. [EINVAL] The value specified by attr is invalid. AUTHOR
and were developed by X/Open. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3T), pthread_rwlockattr_setpshared(3T), pthread_rwlock_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_rwlockattr_init(3T)