Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check space utilization in recursive mode Post 302201583 by mph on Monday 2nd of June 2008 01:56:10 PM
Old 06-02-2008
du -k /home/suresh/Jobs/* | sort -n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How to check CPU Utilization

Hi All, I want to check the CPU Utilization for my SCO UNIX machine. Please suggest some commands to do that. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space Utilization

Hi All, I have executed the "df -h" command to identify the space utilization and I noticed that i have utilized more than 60% of the alloted resources. Is there any command to check what are the files occupying/eating the 60% of the resources (for my id)?? If i know the files and their location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meem
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive md5sum check

so I have within my script a little md5sum check... find . ! -type d -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum And I want it to compare the generated values against a file so I'm trying... find . ! -type d -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum -c files.md5 I generated this file by redirecting the output of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
2 Replies

4. AIX

Eliminating paging space and interpreting memory utilization

I just want to inquire on one of our DB Servers. Currently, we are running on 26GB of memory and 6 CPUs. Though our memory is 70-80 utilized, I can see some paging of around 8-10%. Is there any effective way we can lessen/eliminate paging? Here is our current VMO Settings: vmo: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depam
1 Replies

5. SuSE

How to check Memory Utilization by each process

If following is the usage of cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: 4051304 kB MemFree: 28544 kB Buffers: 216848 kB Cached: 3398628 kB SwapCached: 0 kB Active: 455460 kB Inactive: 3291612 kB HighTotal: 0 kB HighFree: 0 kB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
5 Replies

6. Solaris

check the utilization of kernel values ?

Any native Solaris commands/scripts to check the utilization of kernel tables/limits in Solaris ? (like equivalent command in HPUX is kcusage) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thamurali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk space utilization script

Hi, I wrote the following script for monitoring disk space and inform the concerned team accordingly. But script gives me below error syntax error at line 70 : `<' unmatched #!/bin/ksh . /home/scr/.profile . /home/scr/.infa_env # Get the list of Integration Services ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting space utilization from a location

Hi All, I am writing a script in which it should get the space utilization from a specified location on different servers. Logic that i used is, it reads server name from a file (each server name on new line) and that is given as an input to whiile loop. cat server.list server1 server2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space utilization for group of files

Hi Is there an easy was to list a group of file (*.txt) and report how much disk space they are using in total? Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need simpler way to find all my disk space utilization using df -h

Hi All, I am using SSH Tectia terminal to get the disk space utilization of a particular folder /opt/logs in all the servers one by one using the command df -h and looking through the list of folders manually to get /opt/logs folder disk space used percentage . The problem here is , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakhan2011
2 Replies