Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: learning curve's too steep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers learning curve's too steep Post 302201575 by catch22 on Monday 2nd of June 2008 01:16:51 PM
Old 06-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAXXON
I agree on mschwage by going with Ubuntu for the listed reasons.
For documentation go here:
https://help.ubuntu.com
The Linux Documentation Project
Thank you both; I'll look into Ubuntu doc's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_bsd
I'd try Freesbie, if you like it you can install it to disk and even
upgrade it to a regular FreeBSD (i think)
I looked into FreeSBIE's doc's earlier this week and seem to recall their current release can't be installed to disk, but otoh, can be imported into an existing FreeBSD.
It doesn't appear as easy to work with as PC- and/or DesktopBSD though (or maybe Ubuntu, which I haven't checked yet).

Yesterday I found out about VMplayer, a virtual machine (freeware - I didn't know it existed).
So I downloaded that and installed the VMware version of PC-BSD to take a look at that again.

From what I know now, I'll probably go for either PC- or DesktopBSD or something like Ubuntu.
Thanks for your feedback all Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning curve to understand bash iteration

Hi Folks, I know on one side there is script and on another side there is smart script. I am able to achieve what I got but thought there has to be a code which doesn't require multiple lines. So if you guys can help me out than it will be awesome. Also I wrote in cshell but if can get both the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Plotting A Sine Curve Inside A Bash Shell...

Hi all... After mentioning the generation of a sinewave sweep generator in a previous thread in this forum this is the method I decided upon. It plots a sinewave inside an 80 x 24 terminal window. Although the original used bc (and the line is in the code but commented out) it is now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
CLASP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  CLASP(1)

NAME
clasp - a conflict-driven nogood learning answer set solver SYNOPSIS
clasp [number][options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clasp command. clasp is an answer set solver for (extended) normal logic programs. It combines the high-level modeling capacities of answer set program- ming (ASP) with state-of-the-art techniques from the area of Boolean constraint solving. The primary clasp algorithm relies on conflict- driven nogood learning, a technique that proved very successful for satisfiability checking (SAT). Unlike other learning ASP solvers, clasp does not rely on legacy software, such as a SAT solver or any other existing ASP solver. Rather, clasp has been genuinely developed for answer set solving based on conflict-driven nogood learning. clasp can be applied as an ASP solver (on LPARSE output format), as a SAT solver (on simplified DIMACS/CNF format), or as a PB solver (on OPB format). OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see <http://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/clasp/>. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
gringo(1). AUTHOR
clasp was written by Benjamin Kaufmann <kaufmann@cs.uni-potsdam.de>. This manual page was written by Thomas Krennwallner <tkren@kr.tuwien.ac.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 4, 2010 CLASP(1)