Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX bash...Not found through where(compiling source file) Post 302201469 by Adams Nave on Monday 2nd of June 2008 10:12:46 AM
Old 06-02-2008
Can u share the absolute paths for gettext,m4 etc. ? Because whereis not like find command. It just check few common locations.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help with Compiling large source file using g++

HI All, I m compiling a 27 MB cpp file and compiler crashes. My enviroment : RH 9, compiler g++ how i m compiling g++ -fPIC -DWITH_OPENSSL -DWITH_COOKIES -c soapC.cpp it took almost 30 -32 to throw error like report bug etc. I will post the same error, but if can any body tell how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

3. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cc not found error in compiling perl modules

:rolleyes:make cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xO3 -xdepend -DVERSION="2.121\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.121\" -KPIC -I/usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int/CORE Dumper.c make: cc: Command not found make: *** Error 127 cc -c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -xarch=v8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyophan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables for compiling from source

Hello, I was trying to istall Gdkpixbuff 2.26.1 in my laptop ubuntu 11.10, when I did: ./configure and I got these error message *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.33.1, but GLIB (2.30.0) was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best *** to remove the old version of GLib.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compiling C++ source file

I am trying to compile a c++ source file print_options.cpp and getting lot of errors g++ -I/media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05 /media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05/libs/program_options/print_options.cpp In file included from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Not found - Bash script

I'm facing issues in executing the bash script of mine. This script will pick the latest file received and connects SFTP server and files is placed on this remote server. Error message Enter password: "File movement" sftp> cd Test sftp> put Test_File_201309.txt File "Test_File_201309.txt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling source code issue

Need assistance in compile a source code with PERL flags Compile source code CDFconvert-2.2.3 which requires Fortran 90,Perl interpreter , Perl/TK module , NetCDF library , Gempak I have all the above required libraries . Issue is when compiling the source code it looks for local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip if file not found in bash?

Hello, I have a question regarding while loop and existence of files. I am running under ubuntu 18.04 bionic, have around fifty video files inside the directory. script: for file in *.mp4 do /root/bin/ffmpeg -i $file \ -i $(basename "${file/.mp4}").bs.srt \ -i $(basename... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux