Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display unique number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display unique number Post 302201430 by sysgate on Monday 2nd of June 2008 08:14:29 AM
Old 06-02-2008
Looks like a homework, but still - what have you done so far, did you write this script ? Hint : check for existence of digit, then extract the unique ones. Look for perl regex, there are many examples in the forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Inode Number Not Unique

Hi, I know that inode for each file is unique, but is it the for the directory? So far I found different directories has the same inode nubmer when you do ls -i, could some one explain why? Thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique number for a date

Hello, In korn-shell, how can I do to have an unique number for a date done. I want to use it to have the number of days between two dates. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find Unique not used Number

Wrote a script to create a hidden account in OS X. It works perfect but I need to check if the UID is already in use before I tried to create the account. dscl . list /Users UniqueID | awk '{print $2}' | while read UIDS do if ; then echo "UID Is Already in USE" i=`expr "$2" - 1` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

minimum number of unique key

input a 1 a 2 a -1 b 1 b 2 b 3 output a -1 b 1 Thanx ---------- Post updated at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:10 PM ---------- Ok I managed it (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the number of unique words in a file

find the number of unique words in a file using sort com- mand. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhikamune
7 Replies

6. Programming

To display unique lines in a Program

I am new to C programming. I have been trying to display unique lines in a file from past two days. The problem is here, I have a file whose contents are, ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Teju88
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count number of unique patterns from a log file

Hello Everyone I need your help in fixing this issue., I have a log file which has data of users logging in to an application. I want to search for a particular pattern in the log ISSessionValidated=N If this key word is found , the above 8 lines will contain the name of the user who's... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtechkid
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines with unique string AND number

In Bash using AWK or sed I need to convert the following file: ... numitem_tab0 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p><p>5 KEYWORD</p>...<p>25 KEYWORD</p> subitem_tab0 =<p></p><p></p> ... numitem_tab6 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

display unique words.

I am having a file with duplicate words how can I eliminate them ant,bat bat,cat cat a.txt | grep -bat | awk '{print $1}' expecting o/p as ant,bat,cat How can I display the output as ant,bat,cat in a single line and no duplicates exists. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikshavarma
2 Replies

10. Programming

Unique Number Identifying

I'm trying to solve the below problem for a number: Enter a number and if it has all unique digits print unique number else non-unique number. Eg: Input=123; Output=unique number Input=112; Output=Non-unique number The thing i tried is splitting the number into digits by using % operator... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
2 Replies
CheckDigits::M07_001(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M07_001(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M07_001 - compute check digits modulo 7 method 1 SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $m001 = CheckDigits('m001'); if ($m001->is_valid('1234567892')) { # do something } $cn = $m001->complete('123456789'); # $cn = '1234567892' $cd = $m001->checkdigit('1234567892'); # $cd = '2' $bn = $m001->basenumber('1234567892'); # $bn = '123456789' DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. All digits are added. 2. All digits at even positions are added. 3. The sum of step 1 and 2 is taken modulo 7. 4. This is the check digit. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and the last digit is a valid check digit according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and concatenated to the end of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or undef if $number does not consist solely of digits. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return undef otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the check digit belonging to $number or undef if $number does not consist solely of digits. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de. perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M07_001(3pm)