Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX listing files on remote server Post 302201402 by unisuraj on Monday 2nd of June 2008 06:14:27 AM
Old 06-02-2008
If the rsh connectivity is there between the machine... then do this way

rsh REMOTE_IP $DIR_NAME/<command>

e.g.
rsh 10.15.1.19 /home/user1/ls

Hope it will work !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all files on FTP Server

Hello, I am the definition of UNIX newbie so please bare with me. I am wondering the best way to list all files on a ftp server. If I use curl -l ftp://user:password@ftp_server This shows me the root of the ftp server, but I would like to get a listing of everything in the subfolders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing Files and Sizes on FTP server

Need assistance in getting File size for the List of files using perl script . I have writtern 2 codes. One of them gives me the list of files and 2nd one give me the size for only 1 file. I dont know how to club both of them to get the list of files with its size . #!/usr/bin/perl -w... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Tarring files to remote server

Hi, I need to tar some files in a directory to a remote server. I need to exclude some file from this directory and then tar it over. This is the command suggested by one article (tarring in the same server) : tar -zcvf /tmp/mybackup.tar.gz -X exclude.txt /home/me However it does not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies
vt(1)							      General Commands Manual							     vt(1)

NAME
vt - log into another system over lan SYNOPSIS
nodename [lan_device] [lan_device] DESCRIPTION
enables a user to log into another HP 9000 system (nodename) over an HP local area network. The option causes to send a poll request over the local area network to find out what systems currently have running (see vtdaemon(1M)). An asterisk following a nodename in the response indicates that the system is a gateway. Plus signs following the nodename indicate how many gateways must be traversed to reach that system. The optional argument lan_device specifies a character special device name to use instead of the default device name to send and receive data to and from the local area network. The major number for this device must correspond to a CIO IEEE 802.3 local area network device. Once a connection has been established, enters input mode. In this mode, text typed is sent to the remote host. To issue commands when in input mode, precede them with the escape character (see Commands below). When in command mode, normal terminal editing conventions are available. The connection should terminate automatically upon termination of the login shell on the remote machine. If the connection is not termi- nated upon exit, it is likely that the on the remote system has either been terminated or restarted. To terminate a vt connection, enter command mode and use the command to terminate the connection. Commands recognizes the following commands. Commands can be abbreviated by typing enough of the command to uniquely identify it. Change the working directory on the remote machine to remote-directory. This command is applicable for file transfer only. Set the escape character. If a character is not specified prompts for one. To print or display the current escape character simply press Return in response to this prompt. Print a command summary. Change the local working directory. If no directory is specified, use the user's home directory. This command is applicable for file transfer and shell escapes only. Copy remote-file to local machine and store as local-file. prompts for the file names if they are not specified. The file transfer can be aborted by typing the interrupt character or pressing the break key. Copy local-file to the remote machine and store as remote-file. prompts for the file names if they are not speci- fied. The file transfer can be aborted by typing the interrupt character or pressing the break key. Terminate the connection and exit vt. Identify yourself to the remote server. prompts for a password (after disabling local echo) if a colon is appended to user-name. This com- mand must be executed before any file transfer command can be used. Shell escape. The given command is passed to a sub-shell for execution. If no command is given, a shell is started and connected to the user's terminal. Access Control Lists (ACLs) When sending or receiving files using optional ACL entries are removed. New files have a summary of the access modes (as returned in by of the file being transferred (see stat(2)). DIAGNOSTICS
The diagnostics produced by are intended to be self-explanatory. WARNINGS
uses the Hewlett-Packard LLA (Link Level Access) direct interface to the HP network drivers. uses the multicast address It should not be used or deleted by other applications accessing the network. uses the following IEEE 802.3 sap (service access point) values: and They should not be used by other applications accessing the network. When using on a system with multiple LAN cards installed, the optional command-line argument lan_device may be required if the remote sys- tem is not accessible through the default LAN device. The appropriate lan_device is the one connected (either directly or by way of other gateways) to the remote system. Desktop HP-UX If your system has been installed with the Desktop HP-UX product, neither nor will be started by default. To start these daemons, change PTYDAEMON_START and VTDAEMON_START from a to a in the and files, respectively. The system must be either rebooted for these changes to take effect, or you can start both daemons manually by typing the following commands: where /dev/lan0 is the character special device file corresponding to the IEEE 802.3 local area network device. FILES
Default lan device name. SEE ALSO vtdaemon(1M), stat(2), lan(7), acl(5). vt(1)