Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need some lib in c/c++ to read db table at one go Post 302201374 by unisuraj on Monday 2nd of June 2008 05:12:48 AM
Old 06-02-2008
Need some lib in c/c++ to read db table at one go

Hi All,
I need some sort of library or module which read the db table at one go and keep in process memory.My problem is that I have a call processing module which handles the network call and goes for db lookup for subscriber profile in oracle db for every call.I am using Oracle Standard Edition which doesn't have the facility of db pining(so that the tables kept in memory all the time) that is why it is taking time to process a call.

Plz suggest some library or technic to get out of it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read variables from Access table

Hi! I've just started learning shell scripting, and have been somewhat 'thrown in at the deep-end and told to swim' so excuse my complete lack of knowledge and ignorance, but here goes... I've been given a unix script to 'tidy up'. Basically the script consists of the few lines of code being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus, read table return etc

I have korn shell scripts. I want to pass a variable to a script which will execute a a sql script to read a table that contains env. variables. I want to read and then somehow export at unix level variables example for every row selected from the table build export command line field1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Teradate table read?

i have to read some data from a teradata table and use them in my shell script.. how do i do that.. we can use BTEQ .. but i don know how to pass the field values as variables to the shell.. please help me.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Why X-server doesn't read /usr/openwin/lib/locale/C/OWfontpath???

Hi all! Solaris 10. Why did X-server stop to read OWfontpath? Any suggestions. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to read routing table

Hi all, Could someone please explain to me how I should read this routing table, # netstat -rn Routing tables Destination Gateway Flags Refs Interface Pmtu 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 0 lo0 32808 10.222.47.82 10.222.47.82 UH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in Table as a matrix

Dear forum users, i'm trying to read a table with 40x122 data in a array. Following this, i'd plot each rows again the header of the file in gnuplot. i was thinking for something like that #!/bin/bash # reads from the $ips file and assigns to $MYARRAY #IFS =";" split the line after the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: servuskelb
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell, read table and write the value for each factor to output

Hey guyz, I have a table like this: 1 A=#;B=#;C=# 2 A=#;C=#;D=#;E=#;E=# 3 B=#;B=#;B=#;D=# # are just some numbers. I want to have the output like this: * 1 2 3 A # # NA B # NA # C # # NA D NA # # E NA # NA So basically, I wanna know in each of the rows in my input (which... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Improving find to read table name from file

Hi there, I currently use the following find command to recursively search all the subdirectories in our file system for a table ( in this case BB_TENURE_DAYS) find -type f -exec grep -l "BB_TENURE_DAYS" {} \+ So I have this so far - the problem is how do I read the line to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read Table in file and split

HELLO I need your help please , i need to read a file that contain a table like : Name | Status ------------------ DB 1 | UP DB 2 | UP DB 3 | DOWN DB 4 | UP DB 5 | UP the objective to read each line and check if DB is UP or Down and give me the name of Down database.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdellah
10 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)