Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX listing files on remote server Post 302201367 by siddaonline on Monday 2nd of June 2008 04:58:15 AM
Old 06-02-2008
are you using rexec command ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all files on FTP Server

Hello, I am the definition of UNIX newbie so please bare with me. I am wondering the best way to list all files on a ftp server. If I use curl -l ftp://user:password@ftp_server This shows me the root of the ftp server, but I would like to get a listing of everything in the subfolders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing Files and Sizes on FTP server

Need assistance in getting File size for the List of files using perl script . I have writtern 2 codes. One of them gives me the list of files and 2nd one give me the size for only 1 file. I dont know how to club both of them to get the list of files with its size . #!/usr/bin/perl -w... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Tarring files to remote server

Hi, I need to tar some files in a directory to a remote server. I need to exclude some file from this directory and then tar it over. This is the command suggested by one article (tarring in the same server) : tar -zcvf /tmp/mybackup.tar.gz -X exclude.txt /home/me However it does not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies
FTPFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  FTPFS(4)

NAME
ftpfs - file transfer protocol (FTP) file system SYNOPSIS
ftpfs [ -/dq ] [ -m mountpoint ] [ -a password ] system DESCRIPTION
Ftpfs dials the TCP file transfer protocol (FTP) port, 21, on system and mounts itself (see bind(2)) on mountpoint (default /n/ftp) to pro- vide access to files on the remote machine. If required by the remote machine, ftpfs will prompt for a user name and password. The user names ftp and anonymous conventionally offer guest/read-only access to machines. Anonymous FTP may be called without user interaction by using the -a option and specifying the password. By default the file seen at the mount point is the user's remote home directory. The option -/ forces the mount point to correspond to the remote root. To avoid seeing startup messages from the server use option -q. To see all messages from the server use option -d. To terminate the connection, unmount (see bind(1)) the mount point. EXAMPLE
You want anonymous FTP access to the system export.lcs.mit.edu. The first import(4) command is only necessary if your machine does not have access to the desired system, but another, called gateway in this example, does. import gateway /net ftpfs -a yourname@yourmachine export.lcs.mit.edu SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/ftpfs SEE ALSO
bind(2) BUGS
Symbolic links on remote Unix systems will always have mode 0777 and a length of 8. After connecting to a TOPS-20 system, the mount point will contain only one directory, usually /n/ftp/PS:<ANONYMOUS>. However, walking to any valid directory on that machine will succeed and cause that directory entry to appear under the mount point. Ftpfs caches files and directories. A directory will fall from the cache after 5 quiescent minutes or if the local user changes the direc- tory by writing or removing a file. Otherwise, remote changes to the directory that occur after the directory has been cached might not be immediately visible. There is no way to issue the appropriate commands to handle special synthetic FTP file types such as directories that automatically return a tar of their contents. FTPFS(4)