Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Detecting USB Flash Devices (plugged and hot-plugged) Post 302201326 by era on Monday 2nd of June 2008 01:52:43 AM
Old 06-02-2008
If this is a HAL system, look into lshal -m

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Hot Plug Mandrake 9.0

I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.0 on my intel machine, with a view to migrating completely from Windows within the next few months. First I need to get things working. My modem, sound card, scanner and printer all fail to work. This isn't going to put me off because I love the interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

USB Devices

I am trying to get a flash card reader to work with my machine. My question is, are all of my USB ports screwed up? Do I need to buy a seperate USB controller? I does not appear that the onboard USB ports work. In trying to get it to work, I typed cat /proc/scsi/scsi and got this: # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkretsch
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can this be disabled? interface turned of when console cable plugged in.

Whenever I plug a console cable into the back of my sunfire v240 it automatically turns of bge0 which is the interface that connects to my network and the only interface i use on the box (and it stays shutdown until reboot). Is there anyway to stop this from happening or can someone please explain... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

disableing my USB devices using a script

hi guys I would like to disable my USB devices using a shell script(Linux machine) i.e(hoteplug,kernelpcmciacs,pcmciacs) Kindly suggest me at the earliest Thnks in advance regards ash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
0 Replies

5. BSD

Detecting usb stick in freebsd

I inserted a 8GB usb stick in a number of machine with FreeBSD 7.1, but the medium was not detected: $ dmesg | grep MB usable memory = 4263022592 (4065 MB) avail memory = 4082540544 (3893 MB) pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached) ad0: 238475MB <WDC WD2500BEVT-00ZCT0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

6. SCO

Occasional Core Dump with hot swap USB Thumb Drive

Hello Unix World, I've been having this issue for the longest time. Here is my setup OS: SCO OpenServer 6.0 with mp4, mp3 Server: Dell PowerEdge 840, 800, 2900 USB Stick: Patriot 16GB High Speed, and many other different brands. Occasinaly while system is running and USB is pluged in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting A USB Storage Device From A Script

I need a way to reliably detect a USB storage device from a bash script. I know how to use 'lsusb' to list the USB devices - but then how can I match a device listed in 'lsusb' output to an actual disk device? Is there some way to map one to the other? Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaddox099
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Detecting wirelss USB Adapter

Hi, i try to plug in my USB wireless adapter to my sun solaris server. However, it cannot detect it. How do i set it so that it can detect it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkyow
1 Replies

9. Solaris

/devices/pseudo/md - detecting problems?

Got an informix DB that won't start because DB chunk is offline. Its a raw device. See below:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Feb 6 2013 /dev/DB -> /devices/pseudo/md@0:0,10,raw How do I tell what that refers to? I've checked metadb and metastat and cant see any issues? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Regular Expressions : grab flash devices

I know its an art and it takes a little time .. but is there a better way to do this ? (sup-)?boot(disk|flash)|flash\d*|disk\d Thanks in advance Pop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD