Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: display unique number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting display unique number Post 302201304 by malaysoul on Sunday 1st of June 2008 11:58:36 PM
Old 06-02-2008
display unique number

Hi,

how i can display all the unique number from my random number script below;

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

my @alphanum = ( 'A' .. 'Z', 'a' .. 'z', 0 .. 9);
my $random = join('', map($alphanum[rand($#alphanum)],(1..5)));

print "$random\n";

Thank You.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Inode Number Not Unique

Hi, I know that inode for each file is unique, but is it the for the directory? So far I found different directories has the same inode nubmer when you do ls -i, could some one explain why? Thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique number for a date

Hello, In korn-shell, how can I do to have an unique number for a date done. I want to use it to have the number of days between two dates. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find Unique not used Number

Wrote a script to create a hidden account in OS X. It works perfect but I need to check if the UID is already in use before I tried to create the account. dscl . list /Users UniqueID | awk '{print $2}' | while read UIDS do if ; then echo "UID Is Already in USE" i=`expr "$2" - 1` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

minimum number of unique key

input a 1 a 2 a -1 b 1 b 2 b 3 output a -1 b 1 Thanx ---------- Post updated at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:10 PM ---------- Ok I managed it (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the number of unique words in a file

find the number of unique words in a file using sort com- mand. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhikamune
7 Replies

6. Programming

To display unique lines in a Program

I am new to C programming. I have been trying to display unique lines in a file from past two days. The problem is here, I have a file whose contents are, ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Teju88
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count number of unique patterns from a log file

Hello Everyone I need your help in fixing this issue., I have a log file which has data of users logging in to an application. I want to search for a particular pattern in the log ISSessionValidated=N If this key word is found , the above 8 lines will contain the name of the user who's... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtechkid
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines with unique string AND number

In Bash using AWK or sed I need to convert the following file: ... numitem_tab0 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p><p>5 KEYWORD</p>...<p>25 KEYWORD</p> subitem_tab0 =<p></p><p></p> ... numitem_tab6 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

display unique words.

I am having a file with duplicate words how can I eliminate them ant,bat bat,cat cat a.txt | grep -bat | awk '{print $1}' expecting o/p as ant,bat,cat How can I display the output as ant,bat,cat in a single line and no duplicates exists. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikshavarma
2 Replies

10. Programming

Unique Number Identifying

I'm trying to solve the below problem for a number: Enter a number and if it has all unique digits print unique number else non-unique number. Eg: Input=123; Output=unique number Input=112; Output=Non-unique number The thing i tried is splitting the number into digits by using % operator... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
2 Replies
JZIP(6) 						 John's Z-code Interpreter Program						   JZIP(6)

NAME
jzip - execute Infocom v1-5 and Inform v1-5 & v8 game files SYNOPSIS
jzip [ options ] z-file-name DESCRIPTION
jzip invokes the Z-code Interpreter. REQUIREMENTS
jzip will run under most (if not all) flavors of Unix, including AIX, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, Linux, Free/NetBSD, IRIX, NeXT Mach, DEC OSF/1, and others. EDITING
JZip now supports arrowkey editing in UNIX. Up/Down selects the previous / next command in history Left/Right moves the cursor over the line. Backspace deletes Typing inserts under the cursor OPTIONS
-l n lines in display -c n columns in display -r n text right margin (default = 1) -t n text top margin (default = 0) -v display version information -m monochrome mode -y set Tandy bit -s n zmachine strict level, from 0 (none), 1 (report once, recommended) to 3. ENVIRONMENT
jzip looks for the environment variable INFOCOM_PATH and will use the path found there to look for the story file specified on the command line if the story file cannot be found in the current directory. CREDITS
jzip is written and maintained by John Holder (j-holder@home.com), based on the ZIP v2.0 sources by Mark Howell and Olaf 'Olsen' Barthel. AVAILABILITY
The most recent version of jzip can be downloaded from one of: http://www.jzip.sourceforge.net/ ftp://ifarchive.org/infocom/interpreters/zip/ FILES
/usr/games/jzip The Z-Code Interpreter Program /usr/lib/games/zfiles Recommended location for Zcode files RELATED USENET NEWSGROUPS
Interactive Fiction (IF) authors should check out rec.arts.int-fiction, and IF players should check out rec.games.int-fiction. 2.1 JZIP(6)