Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple script? First timer... Post 302201266 by poon on Sunday 1st of June 2008 04:17:46 PM
Old 06-01-2008
Ahh I see, thank you. I'll test it out, just a little nervous of the whole system lockup from that, lol.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script run timer

any of you guys have a script for measuring the run time of any given script, where you would sandwich your own script between the timer script or something? thanks! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timer

Is there a way to make a timer? E.g Please give the seconds... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup Script "run process with Timer"

Hi I have a script that execute every X minute for checking new files in a folder and converting to pdf. Is there any way to start this script automatically on linux startup?. I use sleep function in script with infinite loop. while do killall -u `whoami` -q soffice soffice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zawmn83
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timer

is there a timer function in unix without using C? for example i want to display a message after 5 seconds how do i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

60 second Timer with Shell Script

Please how can i display a 60 second active countdown timer in an echo message. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script / Timer

Hey folks, We already got a working Script running, but actually we gotta start it manually but at least we want to run it like every 30minutes 1time. Could anyone give it a shot? #!/bin/sh for i in A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Z do ln -sv /x/$i/*/PDF/001-*.*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yjerith
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in the shell script with help of script timer.

Hello Experts- We are facing some issues in the while loop script when we use the script time to decide whether to exist from the loop or continue. Below is the script SrcExitLoop="FALSE" Src_InitialStartTime=`date +%s` Src_StartTime=`date +%s` Src_NUM_ALERTS=0 TOTAL_ALERTS=`expr <SOME... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help please with FTP timer script

Hi Could somebody please help me with this code? ------------------------------------------ @ftp -i -s:"%~f0"&GOTO:EOF open mysite.co.uk myusername mypassword !:--- FTP commands below here --- cd public_html/ binary lcd c:\ put myfile.jpg bye ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dobbies
3 Replies
DBSchema::ColGroup(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   DBSchema::ColGroup(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup - Column group objects SYNOPSIS
use DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup; $colgroup = new DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup ( $lol_ref ); $colgroup = new DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup ( @lol ); $colgroup = new DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup ( [ [ 'single_column' ], [ 'multiple_columns', 'another_column', ], ] ); $lol_ref = $colgroup->lol_ref; @sql_lists = $colgroup->sql_list; @singles = $colgroup->singles; DESCRIPTION
This class is deprecated and included for backwards-compatibility only. See DBIx::DBSchema::Index for the current class used to store unique and non-unique indices. DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup objects represent sets of sets of columns. (IOW a "list of lists" - see perllol.) METHODS
new [ LOL_REF ] Creates a new DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup object. Pass a reference to a list of lists of column names. lol_ref Returns a reference to a list of lists of column names. sql_list Returns a flat list of comma-separated values, for SQL statements. For example: @lol = ( [ 'single_column' ], [ 'multiple_columns', 'another_column', ], ); $colgroup = new DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup ( @lol ); print join(" ", $colgroup->sql_list), " "; Will print: single_column multiple_columns, another_column singles Returns a flat list of all single item lists. AUTHOR
Ivan Kohler <ivan-dbix-dbschema@420.am> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000 Ivan Kohler Copyright (c) 2000 Mail Abuse Prevention System LLC All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. BUGS
SEE ALSO
DBIx::DBSchema::Index, DBIx::DBSchema::Table, DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup::Unique, DBIx::DBSchema::ColGroup::Index, DBIx::DBSchema, perllol, perldsc, DBI perl v5.14.2 2007-06-27 DBSchema::ColGroup(3pm)