Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chose option Utility
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Chose option Utility Post 302201109 by xxmenxx on Saturday 31st of May 2008 08:20:37 AM
Old 05-31-2008
I got the answer of my and balamv question, "not_using_0" was assigned to dirs in the first position, and the index was began from the position 1, so it is no matter what is the first element, as we move directly to the second one.
For Example:
arrayname[value1 value2 value3]
to get the value1 echo ${arrayname[0]}
to get the value2 echo ${arrayname[1]}
and so on

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What utility do I use for this?

I want to pull out the 3rd column of information and stick in a file. What is the Utility I use to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: James
8 Replies

2. Programming

MAKE utility

I wrote a makefile, every thing is working fine, But One of the C header files which is created by me is kept in a different folder other than the current directory, I have given this PATH to VPATH Variable Example :- VPATH = /home/user1/projects/victor.h It gives an error as : file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorvvk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip utility

Hi All, Is there any utility or command to read a .gz file without GUNZIPing it? Why I need this because of the huge size of the file. I am looking for something like zcat. Any help is aprreciated. Thanks in Advance.. Regards, rin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku11
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

utility

hi experts, Can you please help me out in removing delimiters with in double quotes from a CSV file. input: ===== a,"bnn,",dgd, "sagfh,dj",ad output ===== a,"bnn",dgd, "sagfhdj",ad there are so mnay fileds in a row and there are millions of rows. Thanks in an advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to chose certain character in a word?

Hi Expert, I would like to know on how to export only the first 6 character of below 0050569868B7 ABCDEFGHTY to 005056 ABCDEF Thank you. Reggy (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chose list of sub directories in a bash script file

Hi, I have a command in my bash script, searchDirectoryName.sh: DIR_NAME=$(find . -type d) echo "${DIR_NAME}" . ./Dir1 ./Dir1/1.0.2.1 ./Dir2 ./Dir2/1.1 ./Dir3 ./Dir3/2.2.1 How can I select only following directory names with second subdirectoies and without first ./ in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
HTML::Formatter(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					HTML::Formatter(3)

NAME
HTML::Formatter - Base class for HTML formatters SYNOPSIS
use HTML::FormatSomething; my $infile = "whatever.html"; my $outfile = "whatever.file"; open OUT, ">$outfile" or die "Can't write-open $outfile: $! Aborting"; binmode(OUT); print OUT HTML::FormatSomething->format_file( $infile, 'option1' => 'value1', 'option2' => 'value2', ... ); close(OUT); DESCRIPTION
HTML::Formatter is a base class for classes that take HTML and format it to some output format. When you take an object of such a base class and call "$formatter->format( $tree )" with an HTML::TreeBuilder (or HTML::Element) object, they return the HTML formatters are able to format a HTML syntax tree into various printable formats. Different formatters produce output for different output media. Common for all formatters are that they will return the formatted output when the format() method is called. The format() method takes a HTML::Element object (usually the HTML::TreeBuilder root object) as parameter. Here are the four main methods that this class provides: SomeClass->format_file( $filename, option1 => value1, option2 => value2, ... ) This returns a string consisting of the result of using the given class to format the given HTML file according to the given (optional) options. Internally it calls "SomeClass->new( ... )->format( ... )" on a new HTML::TreeBuilder object based on the given HTML file. SomeClass->format_string( $html_source, option1 => value1, option2 => value2, ... ) This returns a string consisting of the result of using the given class to format the given HTML source according to the given (optional) options. Internally it calls "SomeClass->new( ... )->format( ... )" on a new HTML::TreeBuilder object based on the given source. $formatter = SomeClass->new( option1 => value1, option2 => value2, ... ) This creates a new formatter object with the given options. $render_string = $formatter->format( $html_tree_object ) This renders the given HTML object accerting to the options set for $formatter. After you've used a particular formatter object to format a particular HTML tree object, you probably should not use either again. SEE ALSO
HTML::FormatText, HTML::FormatPS, HTML::FormatRTF HTML::TreeBuilder, HTML::Element, HTML::Tree COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2002 Gisle Aas, and 2002- Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org> Original author: Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.12.1 2004-06-02 HTML::Formatter(3)