Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help to post a thread
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems help to post a thread Post 302200976 by Neo on Friday 30th of May 2008 01:44:25 PM
Old 05-30-2008
Congrats!

You just posted a thread.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to post a thread

I am not getting post new thread button when i was logged in. tell me how to do this. i want to print data between two lines in a file into another file. which command should i use in UNIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamesh83
0 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Help I can not Post a Thread

I can not Post a Thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiderman3k
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

i cannot able to post the thread

hi, Pls help me .. i cannot able to post the threads (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_73798
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post new thread

Can you tell me how to post a new thread? Please help me ASAP. Thanks, Dipakg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to post a new thread

Im new to this forum. can you guide me how to post a new thread. Thanks in advance Hari (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari123
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can't post new thread

Hi, I've tried 3 times to post a new thread and for whatever reason it's not happening, hope you can help Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saddlerken
11 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

i can not post new thread

Hi scoot Hope you are doing well!! I didn't post any new thread, is their any problem in my access could you please check it and let me know. Previously posted threads was one of my interview question and i didn't understand how to solve , i am a new for shell script, i didn't find any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
2 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to post a new thread?

Just joined and registered 15 minutes ago. Can't figure out how to post a new question about 'grep' I searched and found that I need to click the 'New Thread' button, I couldn't see any 'New Thread' buttons anywhere, so I searched around and ended up here where I DO see a 'new thread' button....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuftyDave
3 Replies
SEM_WAIT(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						       SEM_WAIT(2)

NAME
sem_trywait, sem_wait -- lock a semaphore SYNOPSIS
#include <semaphore.h> int sem_trywait(sem_t *sem); int sem_wait(sem_t *sem); DESCRIPTION
The semaphore referenced by sem is locked. When calling sem_wait(), if the semaphore's value is zero, the calling thread will block until the lock is acquired or until the call is interrupted by a signal. Alternatively, the sem_trywait() function will fail if the semaphore is already locked, rather than blocking on the semaphore. If successful (the lock was acquired), sem_wait() and sem_trywait() will return 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set, and the state of the semaphore is unchanged. ERRORS
sem_wait() and sem_trywait() succeed unless: [EAGAIN] The semaphore is already locked. [EDEADLK] A deadlock was detected. [EINTR] The call was interrupted by a signal. [EINVAL] sem is not a valid semaphore descriptor. NOTES
Applications may encounter a priority inversion while using semaphores. When a thread is waiting on a semaphore which is about to be posted by a lower-priority thread and the lower-priority thread is preempted by another thread (of medium priority), a priority inversion has occured, and the higher-priority thread will be blocked for an unlimited time period. Programmers using the realtime functionality of the system should take care to avoid priority inversions. SEE ALSO
sem_open(2), sem_post(2), semctl(2), semget(2), semop(2) HISTORY
sem_wait() and sem_trywait() are specified in the POSIX Realtime Extension (1003.1b-1993/1003.1i-1995). Darwin June 8, 2000 Darwin