Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to ensure lines are in sequence Post 302200834 by Franklin52 on Friday 30th of May 2008 07:11:36 AM
Old 05-30-2008
A sample of some lines of your file would be helpful.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a sequence of n lines from a file

Hi I want to be able to extract a sequence of n lines from a file. ideas, commands and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ensure FTP is complete before using file

Hi, I have a program that checks a directory for new files. A file may be placed in the directory only via FTP from another system. The files are long, the FTP can take several minutes to complete. my program sences that a file has arrived but can't tell if the FTP process that sent it is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure the file completion ?

Hi, I would like to copy a file from one location to another. But that particular file is not fully loaded. I like to copy a file once it's fully loaded or complete file. How to ensure whether file is fully loaded or complete file?. -Thambi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

A test to ensure TCP/IP configuration is complete

Greetings. I have Debian lenny, and at the moment only the bare bones install, no GUI. I'm connecting via wireless to a Linksys router on a home network, and I manually configured a fixed ip etc during the install. I have not attempted to use any higher level apps such as ftp or telnet or apt yet.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to ensure mksysb backup completed successfully.

Hi All, I want to know, how we can ensure that mksysb backup completed successfully and is restorable. I know one way my command lsmksysb -B but I found that one mksysb who has not backedup all the files was also showing in this command output, so that doesn't ensure its integrity and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falgun6666
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter out a sequence from multiple lines line

Hi, I have an unwanted string at random lines of my verilog (*.v) file. (* abccddee *) input A; (* xyz *) input B; (* 1234 *) output C; I want a clean file like this: input A; input B; output C; the unwanted string begins with "(*" and ends with "*)" at multiple lines. Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
2 Replies

7. Programming

Ensure C++ will work on a Unix system

For my one college course, my professor said that we have to ensure that the C++ code we send him will work on a Unix system. I in turn installed Cygwin on my Windows 7 machine, and have been using that to compile and check my code, but it sounds like Cygwin is still compiling the code for my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidp007
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ensure a script can only be invoked from another?

Hi All, I have two scripts - ScriptA and ScriptB ScriptA has logic to invoke ScriptB : - with some parameter - or without any parameter ScriptB can also be invoked by the user from the command line. Is there anyway to ensure that when I execute ScriptB from the command line, it does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanya.gvc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)