Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timestamps
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting timestamps Post 302200807 by siba.s.nayak on Friday 30th of May 2008 05:12:35 AM
Old 05-30-2008
str1="14/4/2008 8:42:03 πμ|10800|306973223399|4917622951117|1||1259|1|126|492|433||19774859454$"
echo "$str1"awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"}{print $1}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamps

Can someone help me with a Unix or perl script to convert the unix timestamps to human readable format? Any help will be highly appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsasal
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between two timestamps

I'm writting a script to find the difference between two timestamp. One field i get on delivery time of the file like 07:17 AM and other is my SLA time 06:30 AM I need to find the difference between these two time (time exceeded to meet SLA). Need some suggestions. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic on timestamps

Hi Friends, please advise on shell script to add two time stamps for example : a=12:32 b=12:00 c=a+b=00:32 please help me to find shell script to add to two time stamps, as i need to convert time from EST to GMT or SST to prepare status of jobs in unix and to specify estimated time to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two timestamps Contd..

There was this thread earlier with the same name and the solution provided was excellent. Here is the solution to find diffrenc between two timestamp $ cat timestamp #! /usr/bin/ksh echo enter first time stamp read TIME1 echo enter second time stamp read TIME2 H1=${TIME1%:+()}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shellslave
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Timestamps

Hi! Long time reader first time registered user and poster. I've picked up some times and tricks and I'm at a dead end... I've parsed a log file for duplicates and printed only the two fields I need (duplicate entry and time stamp). My question is, with this output, how would I script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexpokinghorn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 timestamps

Hi, i have current timestamp, lets say "12:02:45" in an variable (var1) and another timestamp "08:30:00" fetched from table in another variable2 (var2). How do i compare 2 timestamps in unix shell scripting. if var 1 > var 2 then echo message. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the files on their timestamps

Hi, The file names are like XXXX_20111101.gz for 01 November 2011, etc. There might be several files for 01 November 2011 and I can find them using find DIR -name *_20111101.gz -exec ls -lt {} \; But I want to sort the listing returned by the above command on the timestamps of the files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with touch and timestamps

Hello fellow Unix geeks, I have been given a very urgent assignment in my office on writing a particular Shell script but I'm very much new to it.I would appreciate any help from you on solving this problem--which might seem very trivial to you. The Unix flavour is a Sun Solaris one..(not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two timestamps

Hi all!!, I'm using Ksh and working on Linux. I want to compare two timestamps, timestamp1 and timestamp2. Until, timestamp1 is lesser than timestamp2, i want to do something, lets say print something. The code i have written is: a=`date +%H:%M:%S` b=`date +%H:%M:%S -d" 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
PROP_STRING(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    PROP_STRING(3)

NAME
prop_string, prop_string_create, prop_string_create_cstring, prop_string_create_cstring_nocopy, prop_string_copy, prop_string_copy_mutable, prop_string_size, prop_string_mutable, prop_string_cstring, prop_string_cstring_nocopy, prop_string_append, prop_string_append_cstring, prop_string_equals, prop_string_equals_cstring -- string value property object LIBRARY
Property Container Object Library (libprop, -lprop) SYNOPSIS
#include <prop/proplib.h> prop_string_t prop_string_create(void); prop_string_t prop_string_create_cstring(const char *cstring); prop_string_t prop_string_create_cstring_nocopy(const char *cstring); prop_string_t prop_string_copy(prop_string_t string); prop_string_t prop_string_copy_mutable(prop_string_t string); size_t prop_string_size(prop_string_t string); bool prop_string_mutable(prop_string_t string); char * prop_string_cstring(prop_string_t string); const char * prop_string_cstring_nocopy(prop_string_t string); bool prop_string_append(prop_string_t str1, prop_string_t str2); bool prop_string_append_cstring(prop_string_t string, const char *cstring); bool prop_string_equals(prop_string_t str1, prop_string_t str2); bool prop_string_equals_cstring(prop_string_t string, const char *cstring); DESCRIPTION
The prop_string family of functions operate on a string value property object type. prop_string_create(void) Create an empty mutable string. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_create_cstring(const char *cstring) Create a mutable string that contains a copy of cstring. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_create_cstring_nocopy(const char *cstring) Create an immutable string that contains a reference to cstring. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_copy(prop_string_t string) Copy a string. If the string being copied is an immutable external C string reference, then the copy is also immutable and references the same external C string. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_copy_mutable(prop_string_t string) Copy a string, always creating a mutable copy. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_size(prop_string_t string) Returns the size of the string, not including the terminating NUL. If the supplied object isn't a string, zero is returned. prop_string_mutable(prop_string_t string) Returns true if the string is mutable. If the supplied object isn't a string, false is returned. prop_string_cstring(prop_string_t string) Returns a copy of the string's contents as a C string. The caller is responsible for freeing the returned buffer. In user space, the buffer is allocated using malloc(3). In the kernel, the buffer is allocated using malloc(9) using the malloc type M_TEMP. Returns NULL on failure. prop_string_cstring_nocopy(prop_string_t string) Returns an immutable reference to the contents of the string as a C string. If the supplied object isn't a string, NULL is returned. prop_string_append(prop_string_t str1, prop_string_t str2) Append the contents of str2 to str1, which must be mutable. Returns true upon success and false otherwise. prop_string_append_cstring(prop_string_t string, const char *cstring) Append the C string cstring to string, which must be mutable. Returns true upon success and false otherwise. prop_string_equals(prop_string_t str1, prop_string_t str2) Returns true if the two string objects are equivalent. prop_string_equals_cstring(prop_string_t string, const char *cstring) Returns true if the string's value is equivalent to cstring. SEE ALSO
prop_array(3), prop_bool(3), prop_data(3), prop_dictionary(3), prop_number(3), prop_object(3), proplib(3) HISTORY
The proplib property container object library first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
January 21, 2008 BSD