Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with arranging data file Post 302200626 by yahyaaa on Thursday 29th of May 2008 03:17:23 PM
Old 05-29-2008
I changed the shell and it worked, thanks a lot,
could you explain this code for me, Im new to unix and I feel that this is 2 much for me Smilie
By the way Mr. Dave, this is not a home work, this is a part of my job duties !!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

re-arranging text in a file with AWK

Hi Gurus, I have a text file that I want to process with the following structure; 4528788 Blah - Something 9341423 Text - Somethinghere 98792223,5546761 Some - More - Text 5119503,5159504,1234567 Text - More - Text 13459695 Stuff - Text Again 13526583 Junk - More Text Here 13595177... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging files

Hi all, This is program to identify and arrange programs(scripts) based on their she-bang values to a folder with the same name. The parts of mkdir and copy and creating problems.I also doubt the use of hash...maybe some problems in it. Please help out debugging this. Code pasted at: Paste... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

arranging datas if input file is not having also...!!

hi, my input file is containg uid, eriMaster ,eriResign, ericontry, dept. some of the uid are not having all info. out put should include all info irrespctive of datas of input file if any one data is missing, then it has to print Null or zero..then continue with the existing one. here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in arranging the alias

Hello Guys, I have around 100 hosts setup as alias in my profile for easy sshing. alias ada='ssh -Y username@da.domain.com' alias ast='ssh -Y username@terix.domain.com' alias bb1='ssh -X username@ggserver.ns.domain.com' . . . . I now would like to use sshmenu software in which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging data

I have thousand lines of data...: A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 A 21 B 22 C 23 D 24 E 25 A 31 B 32 C 33 D 34 E 35 ........... ON AND AND ON (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging columns in a line

Hi, Please give a solution... Current File 200101701 A 5 B 283 D 222 200085506 A 5 B 6 C 304 200081406 A 5 200101784 D 1111Desired Output 200101701 A 0005 B 0283 * * D 222 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in arranging data

I have a file with user activity and need to display only the start and end timestamp of the activity. I don't know how can we write an logic for this please help me in a bettr way to work on it User Activity_log ----------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help arranging text

By using this code how can we get the stars in inverted positions? str="*" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "$str" str="$str *" done The output should be like this * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting/Arranging file based on tags using awk

Hi, I have file which contains data based on tags. Output of the file should be in order of tags. Below are the files : Tags.txt f12 f13 f23 f45 f56 Original data is like this : Data.txt 2017/01/04|09:07:00:021|R|XYZ|38|9|1234|f12=CAT|f23=APPLE|f45=PENCIL|f13=CAR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
5 Replies
teem-vprobe(1)							   User Commands						    teem-vprobe(1)

NAME
teem-vprobe - Shows off the functionality of the gage library. SYNOPSIS
teem-vprobe -i <nin> -k <kind> [-v <verbosity>] -q <query> [-s <sclX fR DESCRIPTION
Uses gageProbe() to query various kinds of volumes to learn various measured or derived quantities. Can set environment variable TEEM_VPROBE_HACK_ZI to limit probing to a single z slice. sclY sxlZ>] [-k00 <kern00>] [-k11 <kern11>] [-k22 <kern22>] [-seed <N>] [-ssn <SS #>] [-ssr <scale range>] [-sss <scale save path>] [-ssw <SS pos>] [-kssblur <kernel>] [-kss <kernel>] [-ssrn <ssrn>] [-ssu] [-rn] [-gmc <min gradmag>] [-t <type>] [-o <nout>] -i <nin> = input volume -k <kind> = "kind" of volume ("scalar", "vector", "tensor", or "dwi") -v <verbosity> = verbosity level (int); default: "1" -q <query> = the quantity (scalar, vector, or matrix) to learn by probing (string) -s <sclX sclY sxlZ> = scaling factor for resampling on each axis (>1.0 : supersampling) (3 doubles); default: "1.0 1.0 1.0" -k00 <kern00> = kernel for gageKernel00; default: "tent" -k11 <kern11> = kernel for gageKernel11; default: "cubicd:1,0" -k22 <kern22> = kernel for gageKernel22; default: "cubicdd:1,0" -seed <N> = RNG seed; mostly for debugging (unsigned int); default: "42" -ssn <SS #> = how many scale-space samples to evaluate, or, 0 to turn-off all scale-space behavior (unsigned int); default: "0" -ssr <scale range> = range of scales in scale-space (2 doubles); default: "nan nan" -sss <scale save path> = give a non-empty path string (like "./") to save out the pre-blurred volumes computed for the stack (string); default: "" -ssw <SS pos> = "world"-space position (true sigma) at which to sample in scale-space (double); default: "0" -kssblur <kernel> = blurring kernel, to sample scale space; default: "dgauss:1,5" -kss <kernel> = kernel for reconstructing from scale space samples; default: "tent" -ssrn <ssrn> = enable derivative normalization based on scale space (int); default: "0" -ssu = do uniform samples along sigma, and not (by default) samples according to the logarithm of diffusion time -rn = renormalize kernel weights at each new sample location. "Accurate" kernels don't need this; doing it always makes things go slower -gmc <min gradmag> = For curvature-based queries, use zero when gradient magnitude is below this (double); default: "0.0" -t <type> = type of output volume (type); default: "float" -o <nout> = output volume (string); default: "-" SEE ALSO
The full documentation for teem-vprobe is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and teem-vprobe programs are properly installed at your site, the command info teem-vprobe should give you access to the complete manual. 1.10.0 December 10, 2008 teem-vprobe(1)