Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help NEEDED urgently on exceutable file Post 302200568 by grial on Thursday 29th of May 2008 12:04:07 PM
Old 05-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark54g
You may be in the correct directory, but if . is not in your path, you must use the full path name such as:

/home/jagan_kalluri/bcs_maint or
~/bcs_maint (if it is in your home dir)

otherwise, if you are in the directory you need to type:

./bcs_maint

There are several reasons NOT to put . in your PATH so I will not go into those. Some machines may have them in your path regardless.

You can test this out by running the command:

echo $PATH
Or in other words, two options:
- add the path to the binary to the PATH variable.
- link to it into another dir already in your PATH.
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script needed urgently

Hi Frends, I am need of a small shell script. Kindly any body help me by giving me a small shell script to read first line in a file and extract date from the first line and store it in a variable... and after storing it in a variable the first and the last line of the file has to be deleted..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas_dba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information Urgently.

Hi i dont know about the UNIX OS at all but now as my Project requires, i need to learn it as soon as possible. Could anybody please help me out in suggessting any good elementary book on UNIX OS so that atleast i can learn the commands for UNIX servers and at the same time within the short span... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit_krishan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major Help Urgently Needed!!!!

Right deleted Linux partition usig windows then went to format c:\ but had to exit window now pc ONLY boots into GNU Grub. Does anyone know how to format the hard drive now????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billett05
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed urgently

hi all i need help I am confused and stucked. Actually i am new in this scripting stuff. I want to give complete txt file as a input to a variable and then sort the data in the file according to the alpha numeric characters, as my text file contains ! and !! and !!! indicating Minor, Major and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
11 Replies

6. HP-UX

Problem With exceutable file creation

Hello , I came up with a new problem during creation of an exceutable file. My application all the c files and links them to create a new executable file. Till last month everything was fine and yester day i tried to change one file and tried to create an exe file but unsuccesfull. I am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed Urgently... Thanks in advance

You have a file called /opt/test/input.txt with the following information: man_aa_bld_100.410.040_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:10 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.050_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:11 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.060_CMD 08/14/2008 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please correct my script - Needed very urgently

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed urgently. Look back for files in PERL

I have 3 variables $file =abc_2011_11_01.txt (current day file) $back = Yes $forward = No I need to search for 3 days back files / 3 days forward files if my current file is not present logic is, I need to download the current day file. If it is missing, i need to look out for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)