Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris disable telnet on the startup Post 302200162 by itik on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 03:38:00 PM
Old 05-28-2008
disable telnet on the startup

Hi All,

I want to disable telnet on the startup of solaris 8-10 but still wants for a standby purposes. In case I need to troubleshoot ssh, I can connect thru telnet.

Most solution on the internet is to permanently removed it.

Best Regards,
itik

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disable telnet on Solaris

All - would you please some one help me to disable telnet on Solaris? /etc/inetd.conf Thanks :confused: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: March_2007
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Disable telnet timeout

Hi, Can someone help me how I can disable telnet timeout? I'm connecting remotely to some machines and after some time my telnet connection was closed. How can I disable this so that I'm always connected to those machines? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable telnet for a particular user

On Solaris 8 is there anyway to disable telnet for a particular user and not for entire system altogether? I would like the user to retain a shell and so creating a noshell like ftp account is not an option. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: boshyd
14 Replies

5. SCO

disable X Window from the startup

hi Howto Disable Graphical Unix Interface (X windows) from the startup on SCO 5.0.6? I'd like to start it just from the command line, if really needed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
4 Replies

6. AIX

Allow telnet in AIX from specific IP adds, but disable for everyone else

I need to change the security on our AIX servers and disable telnet from all but certain IP addresses. I have hashed the telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf and added filter rules for those IP adds to allow access on port 23, but this didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alps
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies
FQTERM(1)																 FQTERM(1)

NAME
fqterm - BBS client for X Window System written in Qt SYNOPSIS
fqterm DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the fqterm command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. FQTerm is one of the most widely used BBS client in China, it supports telnet/ssh1/ssh2 protocols and can process ANSI control sequences. It can be used to login BBS sites or *NIX hosts. Almost all the BBSes in Greater China Region are in BIG5 or GBK encoding. So FQTerm only support these two encodings and ASCII. FQTerm is writtern in QT4. Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/fqterm BUGS
FQTerm is designed for Chinese BBS, so it will startup with a simplified Chinese interface (even your locale is not in zh_CN). You can switch it to a English interface by following key sequence "Alt+V,l,e". You can also close fqterm, then open $HOME/.fqterm/fqterm.cfg, change the "language=zh_CN" line to "language=en_US". You can find more information in http://code.google.com/p/fqterm/issues/detail?id=196 SEE ALSO
qterm(1), pcmanx(1), telnet(1), ssh(1) 2008-10-13 FQTERM(1)