Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris 8 with veritas
Operating Systems Solaris solaris 8 with veritas Post 302200101 by itik on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 11:45:11 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Hi Guys,

Sorry about the delay reply. I will be implementing IBM SAN on Solaris 8-9 sparc/intel. Is the VMM going to take effect as the volume manager or do I need to do additional things?

I think my additional question is this going to be the same on the internal SCSI/IDE. After VMM had been installed, is this going to take effect as the volume manager? Can't read it yet, still have a project to finish but they will be my next. Just doing a heads-up.

Thanks in advance,
itik

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba crashes on Solaris with Veritas Cluster

We recently transferred our Samba server to a cluster of two Sun systems running Solaris 9 with Veritas Cluster Server. We used Samba 3.0.7. Since then Samba seems to crash every 2 to 3 days, always around noon. The symptoms are that at first people who are connected lose the ability to access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhfrommn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas vol manager solaris/linux

Hi experts, I am a junior linux admin with minimal knowledge of solaris. I have to know veritas vol manager for interviews. Got documentation of ver vol man for administrators (for both solaris and linux) . which one should I study? 1. from interview success perspective 2. job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikasdh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10?

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10? If anyone has set it up do you have a doc or tips? I have heard several different statements ranging from , not working at all to Yes it works! Great How? * Test and Base IPs???? * configure the MultiNICB agent ? I can give details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster for Solaris x86?

Hi, Anybody know where I can download Veritas Cluster 5.0 for Solaris x86? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some E-Labs for solaris 10 & veritas volume manager

Hello friends, I need to test some of the solaris 10 concepts and veritas volume manager.i want to know ,where i get the testing labs or E-labs(online) for this practice.i ready to pay for this labs.pls kindly help me to get the details or website names...Thanks in Advance -Jay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas volume manager in solaris.

Can you please let me know the certification code for veritas volume manager in solaris ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 with Veritas and PowerPath

Hello, I have an issue with veritas volume manager version 5.0 in combination with EMC powerpath version 5.2.0 running on Solaris10(Sparc). This server is fiber connected to a EMC Clariion CX3-40 SAN. This is the situation : Server is a SUN Enterprise M5000 OS = Solaris10 Sparc Veritas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipke2005
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need on Veritas filesystem, solaris

Hello Folks, Was wondering if you can help me make the following disk back online, Disk_22 auto - - error I am using Solaris 9 and veritas version 4. Anep (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
6 Replies
LVMSAR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVMSAR(8)

NAME
lvmsar - LVM system activity reporter SYNOPSIS
lvmsar [-d|--debug] [-f|--full] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] LogFilePath DESCRIPTION
lvmsar reports the read/write statistics of the logical volume manager previously gathered by lvmsadc(8) in the file "LogFilePath". OPTIONS -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -f, --full Generates full listing with read/write statistics for each logical extent. -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -s, --stdin Read LVM statistics data generated by lvmsadc(8) from <stdin> rather than from file. -v, --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about lvmsar's activities. DIAGNOSTICS
lvmsar returns an exit code of 0 for success or > 0 for error: 1 error opening LogFilePath for reading 2 error closing LogFilePath 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 99 invalid command line See also lvm(8), lvmsadc(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS LVMSAR(8)