Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users search a replace each line- help needed ASAP Post 302200065 by bsandeep_80 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 10:05:16 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Hi,

In my prevoius example file there was only one small space

example:

0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000

what If my file has spaces like the below file:

0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000199900000
0011200ALN00000000009EGYPT 000000000000000000000
146920000100000000009DE SOTO 000000000001999000000

Can't there be a generic script written for this

Please advise?

Thanks,
Sandeep

Last edited by bsandeep_80; 05-28-2008 at 11:49 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KERBEROS_V4 -help needed ASAP

#!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.bend.com' USER='temp1' PASSWD='temp2' FTPPATH='SY1:' ifile='concat.txt' #FTP concatenated file ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD binary cd $FTPPATH put $ifile get $ifile retrieval.$$ quit END_SCRIPT if then echo "FTP of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search Parameter in first line and replace next line content

Hi, I need help. I have XML file as below &lt;a n=&quot;infoLevel&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;true&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;localAddr&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;server.host.com&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;ListenPort&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;21111&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; I need to find variable "ListenPort" in line and then replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdtrivedi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed :Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix

Search and Replace a string pattern with empty in an xml file in unix: My xml file would be like this : <Accounts><Name>Harish</Name><mobile>90844444444444445999 </mobile><TRIG>srcujim-1</TRIG></Accounts><Accounts><Name>Satish</Name><mobile>908999</mobile><TRIG>ettertrtt-1</TRIG></Accounts> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harish_s_ampeo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern and replace. Help needed

I have three variables $a, $b and $c $a = file_abc_123.txt $b = 123 $c = 100 I want to search if $b is present in $a. If it is present, then i want to replace that portion by $c. Here $b = 123 is present in "file_abc_123.txt", so i need the output as "file_abc_100.txt' How can this be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies
AUSEARCH_ADD_TIMESTAMP_ITEM(3)					  Linux Audit API				    AUSEARCH_ADD_TIMESTAMP_ITEM(3)

NAME
ausearch_add_timestamp_item - build up search rule SYNOPSIS
#include <auparse.h> int ausearch_add_timestamp_item(auparse_state_t *au, const char *op, time_t sec, unsigned milli, ausearch_rule_t how) DESCRIPTION
ausearch_add_timestamp_item adds an event time condition to the current audit search expression. The search conditions can then be used to scan logs, files, or buffers for something of interest. The op parameter specifies the desired comparison. Legal op values are <, <=, >=, > and =. The left operand of the comparison operator is the timestamp of the examined event, the right operand is specified by the sec and milli parameters. The how value determines how this search condition will affect the existing search expression if one is already defined. The possible val- ues are: AUSEARCH_RULE_CLEAR Clear the current search expression, if any, and use only this search condition. AUSEARCH_RULE_OR If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E || this_search_condition). AUSEARCH_RULE_AND If a search expression E is already configured, replace it by (E && this_search_condition). RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 if an error occurs; otherwise, 0 for success. APPLICATION USAGE
Use ausearch_add_item(3) and ausearch_add_interpreted_item(3) to add conditions that check audit record fields. Use ausearch_add_expres- sion(3) to add complex search expressions using a single function call. SEE ALSO
ausearch_add_expression(3), ausearch_add_item(3), ausearch_add_interpreted_item(3), ausearch_add_regex(3), ausearch_set_stop(3), ause- arch_clear(3), ausearch_next_event(3), ausearch-expression(5). AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac Red Hat Nov 2007 AUSEARCH_ADD_TIMESTAMP_ITEM(3)