Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: exit command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers exit command Post 302199937 by cdines on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 06:37:13 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Computer

Mate, you're a champion ! Cheers ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the exit status of a remote command

Hi to everyone. How can I get the exit status from a remote command executed with rexec? :eek: machine A has RedHat Linux 9 and the remote machine B has SCO UNIX. Code: rexec -l user -p password host sh /u/files/scripts/seq_cal.sh 2006 08 I want the exit status returned by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zoonalex
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Emdedding my script in to exit command

Hi, How can I call my shell script, when I execute 'exit' command? For eg. I am logging out the root login by 'exit' command. My script 'colinfo' shold execute before logging out. I don't want to use any wrapper script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit TOP command after 1 min

Hi, I am running following command: top -p <psid> | grep used I want to send o/p of above command to some txt file but it do not break as it keeps going. How can I exit 'top -p <psid> | grep used' after certain time like 1 min or 2 mins? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sach253
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to exit xwindow

What is the command to exit xwindow when i am in xwindow's terminal. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with EXIT command inside if

Hi All, I want to use EXIT command in a particular scenario. In my script,its like that:- if($vairable -eq 1);then do this thing do this do this fi if($var2 -eq 1);then do this do this fi like this there are three four if conditions. now I want is that if second condition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aruncser
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with exit command

Problem with exit command ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I am executing script written by other user. I am executing script A.ksh, and A.ksh calls B.ksh. But It is giving error: /home/user/B.ksh: exit: -1: unknown option When I checked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreyas
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

8. Solaris

The .profile file has only exit command

Hi everyone, This is my first post in the forum. :-) I was asked this question for an interview recently. Q: What will happen if the .profile file has only the exit command in it and nothing else. (Assume that every other settings are in place to run the .profile file, when the user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avinashpv
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Status of Command

Hi All, I am doing an export and import (datapump) of 4 schema. I know we can do an export of 4 schema in one command. But just want to know how to check the exit status if i do the export/import of 4 schema in different commands in background. Please suggest. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining exit codes using nc command

so i'm running remote scripts using the nc command and it's working great. from the monitoring server, i run this from the command line: echo "external_cmd check_mem.sh 10% 15% pipo pi=40,50 po=40,55" | nc -w 35 remotehost 5666 which results in the following when everything is fine:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
File::Spec::VMS(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      File::Spec::VMS(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::VMS - methods for VMS file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::VMS; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec::Unix for a documentation of the methods provided there. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. The mode of operation of these routines depend on the VMS features that are controlled by the DECC features "DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX" and "DECC$EFS_CHARSET". Perl needs to be at least at 5.10 for these feature settings to work. Use of them on older perl versions on VMS will result in unpredictable operations. The default and traditional mode of these routines have been to expect VMS syntax on input and to return VMS syntax on output, even when Unix syntax was given on input. The default and traditional mode is also incompatible with the VMS "EFS", Extended File system character set, and with running Perl scripts under <GNV>, Gnu is not VMS, an optional Unix like runtime environment on VMS. If the "DECC$EFS_CHARSET" feature is enabled, These routines will now accept either VMS or UNIX syntax. If the input parameters are clearly VMS syntax, the return value will be in VMS syntax. If the input parameters are clearly in Unix syntax, the output will be in Unix syntax. This corresponds to the way that the VMS C library routines have always handled filenames, and what a programmer who has not specifically read this pod before would also expect. If the "DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX" feature is enabled, then if the output syntax can not be determined from the input syntax, the output syntax will be UNIX. If the feature is not enabled, VMS output will be the default. canonpath (override) Removes redundant portions of file specifications according to the syntax detected. catdir (override) Concatenates a list of file specifications, and returns the result as a directory specification. No check is made for "impossible" cases (e.g. elements other than the first being absolute filespecs). catfile (override) Concatenates a list of directory specifications with a filename specification to build a path. curdir (override) Returns a string representation of the current directory: '[]' or '.' devnull (override) Returns a string representation of the null device: '_NLA0:' or '/dev/null' rootdir (override) Returns a string representation of the root directory: 'SYS$DISK:[000000]' or '/' tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first writable directory from the following list or '' if none are writable: /tmp if C<DECC$FILENAME_REPORT_UNIX> is enabled. sys$scratch: $ENV{TMPDIR} Since perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if $ENV{TMPDIR} is tainted, it is not used. updir (override) Returns a string representation of the parent directory: '[-]' or '..' case_tolerant (override) VMS file specification syntax is case-tolerant. path (override) Translate logical name DCL$PATH as a searchlist, rather than trying to "split" string value of $ENV{'PATH'}. file_name_is_absolute (override) Checks for VMS directory spec as well as Unix separators. splitpath (override) ($volume,$directories,$file) = File::Spec->splitpath( $path ); ($volume,$directories,$file) = File::Spec->splitpath( $path, $no_file ); Passing a true value for $no_file indicates that the path being split only contains directory components, even on systems where you can usually (when not supporting a foreign syntax) tell the difference between directories and files at a glance. splitdir (override) Split a directory specification into the components. catpath (override) Construct a complete filespec. abs2rel (override) Attempt to convert a file specification to a relative specification. On a system with volumes, like VMS, this may not be possible. rel2abs (override) Return an absolute file specification from a relative one. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. An explanation of VMS file specs can be found at "/h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731FINAL/4506/4506pro_014.html#apps_locating_naming_files"" in "http:. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-01 File::Spec::VMS(3pm)