Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing SSH Command Parameters Post 302199932 by suchitasaner27 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 06:30:27 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Passing SSH Command Parameters

Thanks.

sorry code is ssh -t -l osdac 10.81.33.51 "/appl/OSD/LOGS/flstr010/test.sh "$1" "$2""

I'd made that entries now its not asking for password ...bt its not taking 2nd parameter. Smilie

-- suchita

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing parameters to sleep command

Hi, Can any one help me with an example how to use Sleep command with parameters thanx, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagaraju_svs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Passing SSH Command Parameters

On Solaris 5.9, is there any way to pass parameter(s), via SSH, to a command defined in the remote host's authorized_keys file? We have a menu that uses SSH to control some apps on our various hosts. I've been tasked with enhancing it and making it more secure. So far, the local host menu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PabloCruise77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing more than 9 parameters

hi, i am passing around 14 parameters for a script a=$1 b=$2 c=$3 d=$4 e=$5 f=$6 g=$7 h=$8 i=\"${9}\" shift j=\"${1}\" still for j it is displaying the 1st parameter value..how to make it take the 10th parameter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

5. AIX

Passing a command over SSH

I'm trying to run a command over ssh to AIX 5.2, something like: ssh machine ls but it just hangs. I can ssh into the machine and run a command, but can't pass it like above. Is there a security setting that disables this by default? If so, how do I change it? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansnueski
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments in remote ssh command?

i have a bash script on serverA, when i run the script on the server, it runs fine. the way to run the script is like this ./script "option1" Now i am trying to call it from local laptop using ssh command, my command is as the following ssh serverA ~/script "option1" and i got error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2+ parameters to one command

I have a script that uses more than one parameter. It looks like this: for i in `cat /tmp/listofpolicies`; do for x in $(cat /tmp/lst |sed 's/^/\/usr\/openv\/netbackup\/db\/class\//g'); do /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplinclude $i -delete -f $x;done;done The problem is that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password with SSH command

Hi Experts, I have specific requirement where I want to pass the password with the ssh username@hostname command . I dont want to use RSA public and private keys also. Because that will be on production server and no one wants to give access like that. Second thing it is production... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)