Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If file not exist create a new one Post 302199926 by din_annauniv on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 06:18:40 AM
Old 05-28-2008
If file not exist create a new one

i want a script to check whether the file name exits or not if not it has to create a new one

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check if the file exist or not?

say i would like to check if the file is existed before i use rm command. How can i do it? i know if i can use find, but i would like to have a good interface (in a shell script) thks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script check for a file to exist before processing another file

I have a shell script that runs all the time looking for a certain type of file and then it processes the file through a series of other scripts. The script is watching a directory that has files uploaded to it via SFTP. It already checks the size of the file to make sure that it is not still... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check whether a directory is exist and if it is not, create it

Hi, I want to write a shell script to check whether a directory (say A) is existing in a given location and if it is not, create it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any options with "cp" to create a folder if it doesn't exist.

I've created a backup and restore script and it's working fine so it's all about making it more robust at the moment for me. Let's say the user has a folder in their home directory for word processing files called "wp". I want to copy the files I made a backup of from this directory back into it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file and returning passed variable if the value does not exist in file at all.

I have a list of fields that I want to check a file for, returning that field if it not found at all in the file. Is there a way to do a grep -lc and return the passed variable too rather then just the count? I am doing some crappy work-around now but I was not sure how to regrep this for :0 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: personalt
3 Replies

8. Linux

Create a dummy file even if the path is not exist

hi, i want to create a dummy file even if the path to that file is not exist as follows. suppose, in my working directory 2 files are there. and i create one more file which is exist as follows # pwd /home/satya # ls file1.txt file2.txt # echo dummy > /home/satya/file3.txt # ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a User exist if not create user

What I'm trying to do is write a script in Perl to find a user and if that user exist it would print "User Exist, Pls Try Again". If The user doesn't exist I'm able to create a user with a password. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoBoyGo
3 Replies
bouncesaying(1)                                               General Commands Manual                                              bouncesaying(1)

NAME
bouncesaying - perhaps bounce each incoming message SYNOPSIS
in .qmail: |bouncesaying error [ program [ arg ... ] ] DESCRIPTION
bouncesaying feeds each new mail message to program with the given arguments. If program exits 0, bouncesaying prints error and bounces the message. If program exits 111, bouncesaying exits 111, so delivery will be retried later. If program exits anything else (or does not exist), bouncesaying exits 0, so the rest of .qmail will be processed as usual. Note that it is not safe for program to fork a child that reads the message in the background. If program is not supplied, bouncesaying always bounces the message: |bouncesaying 'This address no longer accepts mail.' WARNING: If you create a .qmail file to enable bouncesaying, make sure to also add a line specifying delivery to your normal mailbox. SEE ALSO
condredirect(1), except(1), dot-qmail(5), qmail-command(8) bouncesaying(1)