Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail format problem:
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail format problem: Post 302199913 by ali560045 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 06:03:53 AM
Old 05-28-2008
mail format problem:

i need to send 2 diff mail in a single script:Below the script

#!/bin/ksh

echo "enter the number"
read num
if [ $num -eq 1 ]
then
mail -s "test" unix@yahoo.com

mail -s "test" 9886767000@nma.vodafone.in,9916138003@nma.vodafone.in
else
echo "test again"
fi
---------------------------------------------------------------

the above script is not sending 2 mails

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail format problems

Hi, I have a script that runs off the cron and creates a report, carries out a few checks and then sends the info in a email (i'm using mailx). To exectute the sending from the script all I do is, cat $reportfile | mailx -s "The Subject" my.email@work.com When I test running this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

better format for sending mail

i am using a script to create a file which contains the mail to be sent.in every steo this file grts appended through out the script using several variables.now i want to convert it into html format so that the mail will have better look and feel and the font color and size can be changed. i tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would i mail in html format?(Formatting Help)

I have written a scripts that checks the load average of server and if it is more than 5 it send a mail describing Current Load Average and High CPU/RAM processes . The problem is I want to send these information in html form .I have done necessary coding to do the same but whenever i try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem with mail commands & format

1. I generated a log for the script. log: abc def ghi ijk If I use general (plain text) format for mail sending, it was displaying correctly with new lines where I have. Eg: abc def ghi ijk But I tried with HTML format using the code: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux mail format problem

I am trying to use Linux mail command on red hat linux. It is working fine except when there is hardcoded "\n" characters in the file content i want to send. It is literally taking "\n" as text and message is not getting formatted to give newliine effect. I am using the following command: cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundoo.code
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail attachment dispaying in different format.

Hi friends, I have file1.txt where i am sending this file as attatment in mail using below code uuencode file1.txt file1.txt | mail -s 'TestFile' test@test.com but the format of the file is changing when i open in attachement. file1.txt in unix 1|hyd|nag 2|jun|kin ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format text in mail attachments

Hi Gurus, I am working on a script that sends a text file attachment on mail from unix server to my widows outlook mail box. When i see the text file in UNIX it is perfectly formatted but when i open the same file in the mail, it looks weird as the next line is added to the same line. For... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Format Issues

Hi All, I 'm trying to find a way to send my contents of a file as a body of email in the format shown below. However, the format of the contents are messed up when I receive the email. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To have a mail in tabular format

Hello Guys, developing a monitoring shell script to have my queue depth count over mail . here is the sample input file to the script which has all the queue names 1 : DISPLAY QUEUE(*) WHERE (CURDEPTH GT 0) ZFC8409: Display Queue details. QUEUE(QL.GVR.ATA.CACHE.01) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wims
10 Replies
mlmmj-send(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mlmmj-send(1)

NAME
mlmmj-send - send mail to a mailinglist or similar SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-send [-L /path/to/list | -l listctrl] -m /path/to/mail [-a] [-D] [-F] [-h] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-T] [-V] -a: Don't archive the mail -D: Don't delete the mail after it's sent -F: What to use as MAIL FROM: -h: This help -l: List control variable. -L: Full path to list directory -m: Full path to mail file -r: Relayhost IP address (defaults to 127.0.0.1) -R: What to use as Reply-To: header -s: Subscribers file name -T: What to use as RCPT TO: -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This binary is used to send all kinds of mail to mlmmj managed mailinglists, but can potentially be used standalone for sending mails. The only option that is not self explanatory is the -l list control option: '1' means 'send a single mail' This is used together with -F and -T to send one mail to one recipient. '2' means 'mail to moderators' Used for sending mails to the moderators of a list. '3' means 'resend failed list mail' '4' means 'send to file with recipients' '5' means 'bounceprobe' '6' means 'single listmail to single recipient' BUGS
This manual page is very scarce documentation of the mlmmj-send binary. The reason for this is that it's really not supposed to be used by any human, but only supposed to be invoked from other mlmmj binaries. So in case more documentation is needed, please read the source. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-send September 2004 mlmmj-send(1)