Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Machine Independent??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Machine Independent?? Post 302199910 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 06:02:33 AM
Old 05-28-2008
This looks like homework. Please do not post homework problems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

making the application session independent

Hi all, I am actually new to Unix programming and this is my first question to this forum. I have an application and i want it to run independent of the command shell. For example, i run the application from a telnet session. But when i close my session, application is terminated. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bokhari_jawad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Launch an independent process.

Hello, I needed a help please... I have an application which launches process. For this i am using fork and execv method calls. By doing this my launched process are now child process of the parent process(launching process). I dont want this to happen, i want the process that is launched to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is syslogd logging locale independent?

Just wanna know whether syslogd logs messages in a locale-independent fashion. I want to read the date/time format from log files. Normally the date/time is of the form Jan 23 04:11:30. can this date/time information found in log files be different for different locales?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Position independent Parameter passing

Hi all, When parameters are passed to the shell script, they are dereferenced by their position. For example, I call myTest.sh and pass two parameters param1 and param2 as following: ./myTest.sh param1 param2 In the script, myTest.sh, I refer to first parameter (param1 ) as $1 and second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonaluphale
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Start process independent from TERMINAL (or also with PPID 1)

Hi *, please, I need fast tip (help). I have a process starting through /etc/rc3.d/xxxx script. However, sometimes (mostly because of testing reasons) I need to stop the process, change something and then start it again. But: 1) when I start it in terminal, the process dies when I leave the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeangel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Session independent process

Hi i am trying to run a report which takes approx 5 hours to complete so what i did i put that reporting command in background and then this reporting process started executed in background but the problem is when i close that session that background job lost :( .... please help me that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Independent column sorting

Dear All, I have a set of columns (usually unknown number) and I would like to sort each of them (descending values) but my columns are independent. Can you please help me file1 1,5,7 3,4,9 2,6,8 outcome should be 1,4,7 2,5,8 3,6,9 I have tried sort -n -k1,1 -k2,2 -k3,3 but this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking independent-study textbook-style questions

Hello, I intend to ask doubts about exercises in a book that I'm self-studying. It's not part of a course; it's just independent study. (EDIT: The book that I'm self-studying is "The Unix Programming Environment", by Kernighan and Ritchie) I'm aware that the rules for the Homework &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: favq
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

I have this in /etc/network/interfaces: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Douro
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

Code: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask 255.255.255.255 I want the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oshihari
1 Replies
yodlpost(1)						    Your Own Document Language						       yodlpost(1)

NAME
yodlpost - Yodl post-processor SYNOPSIS
yodlpost [options] index yodlout [out] DESCRIPTION
The Yodl post processor is used to solve references into the converted text, and to split (where appropriate) the converted Yodl text in parts. Some conversions do not require post-processing, such as LaTeX, but most do. Therefore, in most cases a Yodl conversion consists of two phases: o First, yodl(1) is called, producing a raw output file and an associated index file; o Then, yodlpost(1) is called, converting these two files into a final document. Normally, yodl2...(1) scripts are used to perform complete Yodl conversions. OPTIONS
-x ext: extension of the out-s if different from out's extension itself. If omitted, and out has no extension, ypp (Yodl Post Processor) is used. SEE ALSO
yodlstriproff(1), yodl(1), yodlbuiltins(7), yodlconverters(1), yodlletter(7), yodlmacros(7), yodlmanpage(7), yodlverbinsert(1). BUGS
- AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl), yodl_3.00.0.tar.gz 1996-2010 yodlpost(1)