Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Seems Complicated but would b happy if its possible Post 302199856 by siba.s.nayak on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 03:49:45 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Through which script the file is being generated, you need to add following line to script.

mail -s "Log file attached" <email Id> < <Logfile name>

I think it will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Siba

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very complicated script..

I have a script that I need to create tha involves moving files and renaming them(see previous post) Are there any websites with user made shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

More complicated log parsing

Hey Guys, I am trying to grep within a file to find and output certain parts of lines to other file(s). The output files need to have a dynamic file name based on a field in the main log. The problem is that every line of the log is not the same, and often not even similar. To explain... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjug
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

complicated(?) grep

Hi all, I need help to figure out this grep. I would like to search all files in a directory for the occurrence of abc AND xyz. I started with this: grep -i abc * | grep xyz But this only returns lines which contain both values on the same line. So I am thinking that I need to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khearnen
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort complicated two fields

Hi experts, I am trying sort command with my data but still not getting the expected results. For example, I have 5 fields data here c,18:12:45,c,c,c d,12:34:34,d,d,d a,13:50:10,a,a,a b,13:50:50,b,b,b a,13:50:50,a,a,a b,14:10:01,b,b,b c,10:12:45,c,c,c I want to get ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated search within file

Hi, I have following problem. I have a file with time stamps and some data describing what happened between time stamps. Something like this: 10:00 meeting with K meeting with L 11:00 lunch 12:00 work with K 13:00 From this file I have to get a file with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmike
7 Replies

6. Linux

Complicated Join command!

Hi I have a serious issue when trying to join to files so I have two files, one for meals and one for people Meal1:Turkey:Potato Chips:Twinkie:Coke:5.95 Meal2:Ham & Cheese:Doritos:Cookie:Sprite:6.49 Meal3:Vegetarian:Cheese Crackers:Brownie:Pepsi:5.75 Meal4:Tuna:Cheese Puffs:Eclair:Diet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ehshi1992
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated job distribution

Hello, This is going to sound convoluted, however, this is how I need to do things. I have three awesome machines and a couple hundred jobs. EACH of these jobs takes approximately 4 hours to complete. I want to give jobs to each of these machines, and their respective CPUs in an intelligent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated alias command

hi guys i m making one alias which will set variable , invoke sqlplus and also set prompt of sqlplus,,i have made successfully upto invoking sqlplus in unix but cant pass command in sqlplus here is the command alias sett='export ORACLE_SID=devdb2;sqlplus system/system@test' now this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris? Is it really this complicated?

Hello Everybody, I am a mid-level Linux administrator trying to get a hold of Solaris. So far, my experience has been painful. I think it's confusing and it's just a big mess... To be more specific, I have noticed that whenever I install a package... it never followed a specific pattern.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EssenceNY
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complicated string

I have a data file example 10302|77747373|442422442|290209|244242|"234|2352"|92482892 It has about 5000 rows the same way in that field. Needs to look like this.... I need to remove the quotes but the more difficult thing is to remove the pipe between the quotes because there is a pipe... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
6 Replies
Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)

NAME
Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend - Subclass of Log::Dispatch::Email that uses the Mail::Send module VERSION
version 2.32 SYNOPSIS
use Log::Dispatch; my $log = Log::Dispatch->new( outputs => [ [ 'Email::MailSend', min_level => 'emerg', to => [qw( foo@example.com bar@example.org )], subject => 'Big error!' ] ], ); $log->emerg("Something bad is happening"); DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of Log::Dispatch::Email that implements the send_email method using the Mail::Send module. CHANGING HOW MAIL IS SENT
Since Mail::Send is a subclass of Mail::Mailer, you can change how mail is sent from this module by simply "use"ing Mail::Mailer in your code before mail is sent. For example, to send mail via smtp, you could do: use Mail::Mailer 'smtp', Server => 'foo.example.com'; For more details, see the Mail::Mailer docs. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is Copyright (c) 2011 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software, licensed under: The Artistic License 2.0 (GPL Compatible) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 Log::Dispatch::Email::MailSend(3pm)