Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming help regarding socket programming Post 302199823 by gautamdheeraj on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 02:17:47 AM
Old 05-28-2008
Please post your code snippet of server. This way we won't be able to help you much.

- Dheeraj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming

Dear Reader, Is there any way to check up socket status other than 'netstatus ' Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseph_shibu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

3. Programming

Need Help Regarding Socket Programming

Can anyone plz me. I need a sample code for the following description. Its urgent. It is C/Socket program with the following descriptions: NAME coreadServer - Concurrent Readers Server. coreadClient - Concurrent Readers Client. SYNOPSIS coreadServer <OutputFile> coreadClient <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya.vmr
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

socket programming

my system is a stand alone system... i want to try doing socket porgramming..ihave heard that this is usually done during testing... how can i do that....? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

socket programming

can we send udp message to a destination ip address .. without having an ip address configured in our machine using recvfrom ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with socket programming in C

hi guys i got this code trying to make connection between the server and multi clients but when i do ./server i got message server waiting then when i run ./client it says client 1 nosuch file i dont know whats that should i use any argument plz help how to compile and run and whats the expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kedah160
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hi i need help with socket programming

in socket programming how can i : Create for example 3 blank files, namely: server, client, network •Server: act as servers/provider, will receive all requests from different client •Client: requesters •Network: middle-layer of communication between server & client any tips or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
6 Replies

9. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

10. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::Message(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::LDAP::Message(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Message - Message response from LDAP server SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; DESCRIPTION
Net::LDAP::Message is a base class for the objects returned by the Net::LDAP methods abandon, add, bind, compare, delete, modify, moddn, search and unbind. The sub-class Net::LDAP::Search returned by search also defines many methods. If the Net::LDAP object is in async mode then all these methods, except "done" and "mesg_id", will cause a wait until the request is completed. METHODS
code ( ) The code value in the result message from the server. Normally for a success zero will be returned. Constants for the result codes can be imported from the Net::LDAP or Net::LDAP::Constant module. control ( ) Return a list of controls that were returned from the server. control ( OID, ... ) Return a list of controls with the given OIDs that were returned from the server. dn ( ) The DN in the result message from the server. done ( ) Returns true if the request has been completed. error ( ) Returns the error message in the result message from the server. If the server did not include an error message, then the result of ldap_error_desc with the error code from the result message. error_name ( ) Returns the name of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_name for a detailed description of the return value. error_text ( ) Returns the short text description of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_text for a detailed description of the return value. error_desc ( ) Returns a long text description of the error code in the result message from the server. See ldap_error_desc for a detailed description of the return value. is_error ( ) Returns true if the result code is considered to be an error for the operation. mesg_id ( ) The message id of the request message sent to the server. referrals ( ) Returns a list of referrals from the result message. server_error ( ) The error message returned by the server, or "undef" if the server did not provide a message. sync ( ) Wait for the server to complete the request. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Search, Net::LDAP::Constant, Net::LDAP::Util ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This document is based on a document originally written by Russell Fulton <r.fulton@auckland.ac.nz>. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Message(3)