Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Many Computers Do You Have At Home? Post 302199786 by BigTool4u2 on Wednesday 28th of May 2008 01:05:31 AM
Old 05-28-2008
2, One Mac 17" Powerbook G4 & HP xw6200 running Solaris 10.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two computers - one modem

I have two mashines with RedHat 8.0......they connected with cross over cabel...I want use both mashines for Internet, but modem has only first computer... Maybe..through gateway ?.... What must i do for it ?...... sorry for my terrible english.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

two computers one internet

i have a computer (sempron 2200+) with Suse 9.3 and another computer with windows 98 (PI 233 Mhz). I'm connect first computer (with Suse) on the Internet through ethernet but second computers in not connect. How can connect second computers on the internet (with 3 network card...two on the first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragos
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using other computers for processing

Hello I've wrote a C++ program which does some mathematical calculations, but the problem is that it takes way too long on any computer to finish. Is there anyway to make more than 1 computer do the processing so it can process faster? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
5 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Track availability of computers

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a program that records the availability of computers. For the argument i have to give him a file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing top on several computers

Hi I'm waiting for the IT department to install Ganglia, and until that happens, I need to know the current load on 14 computers. To do this, I'm trying to write a small script that output the top processes on each of the computers using top, but for some reason it doesn't work. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tobbev
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

LUNIX on a Commodore 64, yup UNIX on one of the most famous home computers of all time...

Enjoy guys and gals... LUnix on a Commodore 64... YouTube Bazza... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
DLADDR(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 DLADDR(3)

NAME
dladdr -- find the image containing a given address SYNOPSIS
#include <dlfcn.h> int dladdr(const void* addr, Dl_info* info); DESCRIPTION
The dladdr() function queries dyld (the dynamic linker) for information about the image containing the address addr. The information is returned in the structure specified by info. The structure contains at least the following members: const char* dli_fname The pathname of the shared object containing the address. void* dli_fbase The base address (mach_header) at which the image is mapped into the address space of the calling process. const char* dli_sname The name of the nearest run-time symbol with a value less than or equal to addr. void* dli_saddr The value of the symbol returned in dli_sname. The dladdr() function is available only in dynamically linked programs. ERRORS
If an image containing addr cannot be found, dladdr() returns 0. On success, a non-zero value is returned. If the image containing addr is found, but no nearest symbol was found, the dli_sname and dli_saddr fields are set to NULL. SEE ALSO
dyld(3), dlopen(3) HISTORY
The dladdr() function first appeared in the Solaris operating system. AUTHORS
Mac OS X 10.3 incorporated the dlcompat package written by Jorge Acereda <jacereda@users.sourceforge.net> and Peter O'Gorman <ogor- man@users.sourceforge.net>. In Mac OS X 10.4, dlopen was rewritten to be a native part of dyld. This man page was borrowed from FreeBSD and modified. BUGS
This implementation is almost bug-compatible with the Solaris implementation. The following bugs are present: o Returning 0 as an indication of failure goes against long-standing Unix tradition. BSD
September 24, 2004 BSD